Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January Happenings

PHEW!! I finally got all the December posts done! What a BUSY, but fun month it was. January has come and gone and has been a lot more laid back! Brooklyn started back up in gymnastics and was able to move up a level- she is doing really well and loves it. We received a letter from the school telling us that she had been chosen as the "Citizen of the Month" for December. We are so proud of how well she is doing in school academically as well as socially. She had quite the crowd there to see her- as she sat down from getting the award, she said to my cousin, "Half the town of Newton came to see me!" (Such a crack-up!)

Gracie is also doing really well in preschool. It is so fun to see the learning and knowledge that is come to her. She wrote her name by herself for the first time in December and continues to love to write her name and other letters. Last Sunday, she started screaming that her ear hurt and that continued on for several hours until she finally fell asleep. I got her into the doctor the following morning and she had a nasty ear infection. Poor thing! It took her a good couple of days until she was really feeling better, but is doing much better now.

Ella continues to grow right before our eyes. I can't believe that she is almost 9 months! Pregnancy drags by SOO slow and then they get here and there is nothing you can to to slow down time! :( She has mastered crawling, although she still does lots of face plants. Last Sunday, she also went from laying down to sitting up all by herself. I love all these milestone that babies hit. She is loving her cereal too and is finally starting to like fruits and veggies. For awhile, she wanted nothing to do with them and just preferred the cereal. In November and December she went through a naughty phase of starting to not sleep through the night- we are talking she was up like 3 times a night. Not a nice thing to do to her mom! :) So we did the dreaded make her cry it out in her crib. The first night was bad- she cried for an hour straight. I would go in every 5 minutes or so and give her her binkie and then leave. Finally, after the hour she fell asleep and slept through the night. The 2nd night wasn't as bad, I think she cried for maybe 20 minutes. And then that was it and she sleeps through the night again and the crying it out really wasn't that bad! I think that moms can do anything if they have the right amount of sleep.



Don't mind the banner being upside down! ;)




Gracie has turned into a little crack-up- I was trying to get a picture of her and she was doing anything but smiling!



The gals put on their cute aprons that Chels made them and did some baking in the Easy Bake Oven- (I wanted to drop kick the thing through the window before it was all said and done!)


There she is ready to take off!


(Her poor hair is all over the place these days!)

4 comments:

Natalie said...

LOL about the Easy-Bake Oven that isn't so easy. :)

Kami Anderson said...

Love the pictures. I can't believe Ella is crawling already. I don't have great memories of my Easy Bake Oven. I'm not sure anything ever came out of it fully cooked.

Kylene said...

I agree, "Mom's can do anything if they get enough sleep!" Holy Smokes, Alivia still hasn't figured out how to sleep through the night. Her max is 6 hours and that has only happened a handful of times in the past 3 1/2 months. She's usually up every 3 hours and I am beyond over it!

Lovely pic's of your lovely girls!

kimbereggl said...

How fun! I always thought January was a nice month to just lay back..but ours is always a bit busy too!