Monday, January 2, 2012

Gracie's Birthday

 December is a crazy month for our family- beside Sean and I's Anniversary, on the 20th was my little Gracie Kaye's 4th Birthday!! Gracie is such a little sweetie and I can't believe that she is 4 years old. She started Preschool this year and it doing awesome- she wrote her name all my herself for the first time writing her letter to Santa. For her birthday, she wanted to have a surprise party, open lots of presents, and watch Sissy (Brooklyn) perform with her gymnastics team at the USU basketball game. My mom asked her what she wanted for her birthday and her answer, "lots of presents." My aunt said, "okay, I will get you some plates and glasses." Gracie gave her a look and says in a disgusted tone, "Those are things for grown-ups." Same conversation someone said what about some artichokes? She says, "they choke people!" She is so funny and so literal. If I call her a doll she will tell me she is a girl- she cracks me up!! She has the biggest sweet tooth and loves to get licorice at my parents was house. So was beyond excited to get her own bag and some granola bars. As she was eating her cake she told my mom- "I thought you might have gotten me a can of Diet Coke." She got to have her surprise party at Frederico's- she was bit overwhelmed when she walked in and everyone yelled "SURPRISE!!"  But she loved it and then we headed to the USU game to watch Brooklyn. It was such a great day!!




This picture is so funny because my mom didn't have an unopened bag of licorice so she wrapped up her baggie of licorice and Gracie just didn't know what to think of that.


2 comments:

Brett and Chelsea said...

Gracie is such a sweetheart. I loved her surprise party and that she was a little out of it when she walked in due to falling asleep in the car. Glad we could be there to celebrate with her.

Natalie said...

Oh sweet Gracie! How we love her!!!