We are approaching a new transition in our home. Moving Gracie from her crib to a bed. I am DREADING this!! Brooklyn did not transition from crib to bed at all and to this day she ends up in our bed every night. Gracie is such a great sleeper and I don't want to lose that. She hasn't discovered that she can get out of her crib and I am going to keep her in there until she does. But- I want to know what has worked for you. Her and Brooklyn are also going to be sharing a room. Please give me your input!
8 comments:
Ali never figured out how to get out of her crib, but just decided that she didn't want to go in it anymore. We let her sleep on the mattress on the floor and she loved it, so we bought her a bed. She didn't do that bad with the switch. We had a few rough nights, but the worst came when we took her binky away. So I would suggest doing it the opposite way-take the binky away and then transition to the bed. I think we are going to try it that way next time
Both my older kids transitioned really good! Try to make a big deal about her sleeping in a "big girl" bed. Get special sheets that she loves and just make it a rule that she has to stay in her bed when it is bed time...Alivia would even stay in her bed until I would come and get her out...she never climbed out of her crib...we just decided once it was time to just do it...good luck...all kids are different and who knows if we will have the same luck with Daxton...
Annie started climbing out last week - awesome timing on her part. It has not been pretty. No advice, just sympathy.
Ahhh, so hard! Hopefully since Gracie's such a good sleeper already she won't brake that habit. And hey, if Brooklyn is in your bed every night then it's kinda like Gracie has her own room right? ;)
Does Brooklyn do the big sister thing? If so, maybe you could put her in charge of staying in her room with Gracie so she won't be afraid. I dunno. Good luck!
Isabella was so excited about her big girl bed we really didn't have to do much. But, one thing that helped is we put kiddy proof locks on her door so she couldn't get out of her room at night. I have a huge fear of a little body wandering into my room in the middle of the night, it terrifies me. She still can't figure out the kiddy proof door knobs, so once she's in bed, she's in her room for the night. I think that has really helped us. good luck, what a fun milestone for sisters to share a room!
We let Samantha pick out a new pillowcase with Princesses on it and told her that Cinderella would miss her if she got out of her new big girl bed in the night. Lucky for me, the transition wasn't bad at all. I found nap time to be the hard part. If I layed by her until she fell asleep at nap time, she'd nap. But if I just layed her down and left the room, no nap. At night though, we haven't had problems.
One thing I have always done (and this is for my own sanity and sleeping) is when my kids come into my room in the night, I immediately turn them right back around to their own bed. I am an extremely light sleeper so if I have a little body next to me I don't sleep well. Occasionally they make their way under my covers but it's usually only when they're sick. I think if you establish from the beginning what you want to have happen, and stick to it, everyone will sleep better.
Good Luck! Let us know how it goes.
We made a big deal about ellie getting to sleep in her big girl bed (it started as her crib mattress on the floor.) We acted like it was the coolest thing ever and I can't really remember it being too bad. So I guess we were lucky. We did however turn her door nob so the lock is on the outside and we would lock her in, but I don't think it bothered her too much. Since june has arrived she comes in and wakes us up and wants to sleep with us. We can't lock her in anymore because she is potty trained. I am now trying a bedtime chart and if she stays in her bed all night she gets a sticker in the morning and after 4 nights I will take her to the dollar store to pick out a toy. she is doing better since I started this. Good luck! I hope it goes well!
um, ya, have fun with that. :) This was my worst stage. We just kept putting them back in bed until they eventually got it. Both boys weren't too bad, they were too excited to be a "big boy" and have a "big boy" bed. Good luck!
Post a Comment