Monday, March 22, 2010

Go Jazz Go!

Several months ago, I found out about a website called http://www.freebies2deals.com/. You should really check it out! The girl that does it is named Melea and she posts different freebies and great "deals" that you can get. She did a Coupon Conference on saturday that I went to. It was great- I learned a lot and am going to start working on adding to my food storage by getting things for free or paying very little for them. She did drawings throughout the whole thing- the first drawing she did was one number away from my sister's number- darn. I NEVER win anything so when it came time for the last and big drawing, which was 12th row tickets to the Jazz game (that night) behind the Jazz bench, I knew I wouldn't win. So she is really mixing the tickets up and pulls out the ticket and reads, "Zero, Seven" (at this point I start to get a little excited because my number is 072) then she says, "Two" I was SOOOO excited. So this is the craziness of my day. I woke up at 7 AM which I might add is early for me. Nat picked me up at about 7:40 and we headed for Salt Lake. We did a little shopping and made it to the conference at 11. The thing got over at 1. At this point, I am frantically trying to get ahold of Sean (he had a parents conference at work and was supposed to work that night) to see if there was any chance of him getting off work- which he was able to do. Nat and I rush home and go to Newton for an 80th Birthday party of my dear neighbor Donna that lived right next door to me my whole life. We made arrangements for the gals- thanks a ton mom and dad they loved McDonald's and thanks Paula! Then back to Salt Lake Sean and I headed. As I mentioned the seats were on the 12th row right behind the Jazz bench- and Jerry Sloan's wife was sitting in the row right in front of us! It was a CRAZY day for me- but lots of fun! The Jazz even won the game- they were playing New Orleans and beat them by about 30! I was exhausted by the time we got home! Thanks for picking my number Melea and for the great conference- she is doing another one in May!

I had to get this picture for Brooklyn- she loves the Jazz Bear

For all the female fans

7 comments:

Kylene said...

I'm so happy for you that you WON! That is awesome. You'll have to give me some coupon tips. I am horrible at that stuff. I try it for a few weeks and then totally get lazy.

cute pic's!

Natalie said...

I was so thrilled that you won and had such a great time. It definitely was a crazy day, but so much fun! I love your pictures--especially the 3rd one. Did Sean take it? :)

Rachel said...

Kyle Korver is just like Bryon Russell used to be for us. Thanks for the pic :)

Carley said...

How fun is that and how lucky are you?! I really want to start shopping with ads and coupons, but it is so overwhelming...You will have to let me know what tips you find helpful and if the savings are worth it!

Kami Anderson said...

Thanks for letting us know about the coupon conference. I really learned a lot and enjoyed spending some time with you guys. I'm so glad you won the tickets and had a fun time.

Katie Griffiths said...

What a busy, busy day! Glad you won and were able to make it back down to the game.

Melissa Hernandez said...

way cool, you will have to tell us about this coupon stuff next time we are together, sounds cool!