Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Crazy couple of weeks...





The past couple of weeks in the Maynard home have been crazy. My cousin Ashleigh came in from North Carolina and we got to meet her precious baby, Willa Hope Reier for the first time. Her sister Tara also came down from Boise with her baby little Guimo. We had a ton of fun together while they were here.


Brooklyn also graduated from her first year of preschool. Her teacher is so cute and had done this really cute graduation carnival. We were so proud of Brooklyn. It has been a struggle most days to get her there, but we stuck with it and she graduated.


I was also getting Gracie ready for bed one night when she decided to roll over. It was a fun night. Of course she hasn't done it since, but I did manage to get a picture.


The Sunday before Memorial Day, Brooklyn came down with a fever and sore throat. On Tuesday I took her over to get tested for strep. It came back negative. And then on Wednesday Gracie came down with the fever and on Thursday I could tell her throat was WAY sore. She was so sad and there was nothing I could do to console her. It was not fun. They both started feeling better and wouldn't you know, I got it. It ended up being a long week with not a lot of sleep. I am hoping we will all get it out of our systems and have a healthy summer :)

13 comments:

Kami Anderson said...

I'm always so excited when there is something new on your blog. It's so fun to have you guys living so close. It's great to be able to watch your girls grow up.

Melissa Hernandez said...

Amen to a healthy summer. I swear this winter/spring it was absolutely crazy for everyone being sick!! I am glad you are feeling better!

Rachel said...

That stinks that they both got sick. YUCK! Now that they got this they can both have a healthy fun summer!

kristen said...

Yuck! sorry you're sick. we all just got better too. i thought colds were only a winter thing. gues not. Congrats to Brooklyn! Does she have one more year till Kindergarten?

Katie Griffiths said...

All at once, how fun. Hopefully Sean was a doting daddy/husband. Brooklyn is a doll in her graduation cap. Sometimes I think the pictures of your girls are old pictures of you and Nat until I read the description.

kimbereggl said...

Ugh, colds. Isn't cold season over yet? Yes, you better get geared up for a fun and healthy summer. As you may imagine, I'm counting down the days!! Only three weeks till we get to come home. Yippee!!We'll have to have a pool party or something with all the babes.

Shelly Traveller said...

Good job Brooklyn! I'm afraid getting Ty to preschool is going to be a struggle. Gracie is growing up to fast.
I'm so sick of this weather, moving somewhere warm, ya in.

camigodfrey said...

Em, I loved your tag down below, those were some great facts. those are also some very cute babies you have in your family, cute slide show. i still can't believe how much gracie looks like bret.

Clayton and Heidi said...

How come I never got a preschool graduation??? Kids these days have preschool graduation and Kindergarden graduation. i got neither and feel robbed. Maybe I would have gone to Harvard if I would have had them...you never know. Sounds like a busy week. Hope everyone feels better!

Clayton and Heidi said...

oh and rub it into sean that the lakers LOST last night. hahaha

Carley said...

I love seeing your updates...I am WAY bummed that we aren't going to make it up there for the Cancer Walk tonight because of the stinkin rain...we will need to get together for sure when Kim and Kristen are here...Your girls are SO cute...I am sorry you guys were all sick...hopefully you are on the mend and have it out of your systems for a while!

camigodfrey said...

hey email me your email address so i can send you an invite to my blog @ camigodfrey@yahoo.com. it's been good keeping in touch with you, and seeing your cute family.

Natalie said...

I hadn't done much blogging for a few days and was thrilled to see this new post. I love those little gals! I just hope Brooklyn can survive the summer without her preschool boyfriend!