Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fun Week!

It has taken me a few days to get this post done, but last week the gals (my mom, me and my girls, Nat and Garrett, Paula, Jan, and Karen) headed up for our first trip to Bear Lake for the year. Brooklyn loves the "cavin" (or cabin) and this was Gracie's first official sleepover up there. When we got there it was 38 degrees and had been snowing earlier in the day. It was a COLD couple of days. We had a fire going to whole time. But it was also nice and relaxful! My mom's cousins Kathy and MaryAnn were there at their cabin and it was fun to be able to spend some time with them as well. I am so lucky that before I was born my grandparents had the vision of having a family cabin where we could go up and spend time together as a family. I have so many wonderful memories of times at the cabin. My cousin Ashleigh and Willa were here from North Carolina and Tara and Guimo from Boise so we got to spend a little time with them as well. I am grateful that my mom, Paula, and Robert decided to keep the cabin after my grandma passed away. I cannot imagine us not having it.

One night before bed (I had Gracie asleep and Brooklyn came in and woke her up- I was really happy about that) we put Garrett and Gracie on the bed next to each other and next thing we knew they were there holding hands. It was way cute.

We came home on Friday and on Saturday, it was my 10 year High School reunion. I can't believe it has been 10 years. Some of my friend's husbands didn't want to go and mine didn't want to either (even though we graduated together) so us gals went together and we had a BLAST! It was nice not worrying about if the hubbies were having fun or not and we got to visit and laugh a lot. I am so lucky to have such AMAZING friends. Even after 10 years!

Brooklyn, Me, and Gracie at the Cavin

Garrett and Gracie holding hands
10 Year High School Reunion

Traci, Ashley, Julie, and Jackie

Michelle, Me, and Melissa


The Gals
(Me, Melissa, Michelle, Ashley, Jackie, Kylene, Julie, Traci, and Brittney)

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Love, love. love this post! The pictures were so fun. Garrett and Gracie holding hands was so sweet. Your reunion looked like a blast and you gals all looked so lovely. You're so lucky to have such great friends!

Rachel said...

Your picture looks better than mine did, so I might have to get a copy, will you email it to me?
I think Gracie's cheeks have gotten even chubbier! :)

Kylene said...

Your girls are adorable! I love the holding hand pic. They start so young don't they?! :)

Also, it was sooo fun to see you at the reunion. Everytime we all get together, it's like we have never been apart. I love the pic of all of us together.

Kylene said...

Oh, one more thing, tell Sean he's a party pooper!

Mindy M. said...

I love your new lay-out!! Sounds like you had a fun cold weekend @ Bear Lake! Can't wait until it's our week and we have a chance to go with our crazy life!! Kids are the best and the picture of them holding hands is precious!!

Katie Griffiths said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I love the hand holding picture. Too cute. I missed my reunion - Annie was 2 weeks old. Too young to take, too young too leave. And who really wants to go to their reunion 2 weeks after having a baby?

Carley said...

WAY cute layout Emily!!! I need to find out where to find all those cute ones!!! I love that the babies were holding hands...so sweet! It is so great to have such wonderful friends from high school!!! Talk to Nat and see if the 14th or 15th of July would work for you guys to come to my mom's house for a pool party!

Melissa Hernandez said...

What a bunch of cute gals!!

camigodfrey said...

i loved going to your cabin with the young women that was the best, remember i had to get stitches the day we left to go up there. how fun to go and see all your old friends, im looking foward to mine if we actually have one nobody planned our five year reunion. you all look great. it's fun to see people like ashley allen who i have never seen in 10 years.