Monday, April 7, 2008

Thank you Kansas

Every year since Sean and I have been married we have filled out brackets for the NCAA Tournament and whoever wins gets to pick something they want. In the 6 years we have been doing this I have never won- that is until this year. I picked Kansas and Memphis as the final two teams and then I picked Kansas to win the whole thing- and they did!! Sorry Rach- I didn't have BYU going out of the first round. (I do not follow college basketball so it really is just luck.) Sean and I are both very competitive people so when I picked Kansas he gave me all sorts of crap about it. As part of my competitive side I have to rub it in his face a little bit :) I haven't picked what I want yet- but it will be good.

Thanks to Melissa for sending me tips to get this blog going.

10 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

Look at you fancy girl, adding pictures, see you're already a pro. Good for you for winning. I am just glad the dumb tournament is over, I swear it consumes the lives of our husbands for what, 2 weeks? Go somewhere fun for dinner!!!

Rachel said...

I can't believe you didn't have BYU winning one game.....j/k I only had them winning one and they couldn't even do that.....the LOSERS! :)
I was way off on my picks this year, but I really really wanted Davidson to win after they started out so good. We have enjoyed watching all the games and even Kace has joined in the spirit, although, he always picks against the team I want to win! go figure

Natalie said...

In the words of Brooklyn, "I be so proud of you." Good work! I'm always up for a shopping trip, so choose something good!

Shelly Traveller said...

Yeah, welcome to the blogging world. Now I'll feel like I see you more. I glad you got Sean to crack. What a fun competition idea. I'm glad you won. I would have no idea who to even put.

Brooklyn looks so cute and grown up. and I just love Gracie's smile!

Kara Jorgensen said...

Oh my gosh!! I am so happy you found me!! (How did you find me?) I think about you all the time!! You have such a cute little family! Are you still in Wells? I ask Ladon about you all the time, but I guess you switched wards.
I am looking forward to getting back in touch! I miss your guts!

Carley said...

Emily!!! Isn't this the funnest thing in the world??! It is such a fun way to keep in touch---I have to say, your baby Gracie is the cutest little thing! I really want to see you and Natalie and your new babies! Hopefully next time we are up we can see you guys! I will be a frequent visitor to your blog!!!

Shelly Traveller said...

Well hello-I see your up late at night as well, isn't that fun. Well at least I can blog.

camigodfrey said...

hey, it's great hearing from you, im glad you learned about blogs, it's great, so buch better than just emailing people to stay in touch. your girls are beautiful, i look forward to blogging with you.

Katie Griffiths said...

Hi Em! I saw your comment on Kim's blog and thought I'd have a look. Congrats on the big Kansas win - choose something really good.

kristen said...

Emily! I too am not a computer wise person. I'm trying to start a blog (I've had a lot of pressure lately :) I just let Tyler tell everyone about his facebook page and they can look at that, but this seems like the gals way to keep in touch, so hopefully soon I will have a blog up and running. Your girls are AdOrAbLe! How does Brooklyn like being a big sister?
take care!
Kristen