Our miracle
This past weekend my family experienced a miracle. My aunt Paula (who is like my second mom) and her family were coming home from a trip to Mexico. They had two different cars that they were driving in. My uncle Ric and cousins Kami and Marijka were driving the truck pulling the trailer and then in the van were Paula, Jan, Karen, my brother Brett, and his wife Chelsea (whose car had broken down in southern Utah and these guys picked them up. When the van stopped to get Brett and Chelsea the truck kept going because it went slower. They were driving along and saw a huge cloud of dust and as they got closer they saw that there had been a wreck- then they noticed the red truck, and then the trailer. This is what they saw- 

My uncle felt the trailer start to sway back and forth and tried to get control of it and couldn't and they rolled 3 times. The passenger side where Kami was took the worst of it. Luckily, Kami was laying down. If she hadn't been laying down she most likely wouldn't have made it. The first 3 people on the scene were a doctor, a nurse, and an EMT. Intially they thought that Kami's legs had been amputated and called for Life Flight. Once they realized they were okay they called it off. The doctor came up to my uncle and told him that she had to have had an angel on her lap. Her knees were up on the dashboard so when the truck rolled they figure they went through the windshield. They were cut clear to the bone and required 3 layers of stitches. They were in a small hospital in Fillmore and she had 2 doctors attending to her and it took them almost 2 hours to clean them up and get stitched. Ric and Marijka walked away feeling sore. We all know that they were watched over and I am so thankful that they are with us today. I love you guys!!
4 comments:
WOW!!! That is just a testimony builder that we are always watched over. I am so glad that everyone is okay!!!
Amazing - how scary to come upon it. I hope everyone's recovery goes well.
What a nightmare! I can't imagine what they thought coming upon that. They really did have angels watching over them. I'm so glad that they are all O.K. I hope Kami recovers quickly. I love those guys!
I can't believe that. From the pics someone should have been hurt much worse than what they were. What a blessing...........
Post a Comment