Monday, March 2, 2009

I love my girls!

Poor Gracie had a rough day on Friday. We recently started getting the Rosehill Dairy milk (they deliver it to your house), Friday it came and Brooklyn was so excited to get it and went running into the kitchen to put it in the fridge. Of course Gracie went running right behind her and somehow managed to trip and smack the corner of our lamp/magazine rack. It made the loudest sound and I knew she was going to be bad. Sure enough when I got to her there was blood coming out of her top lip and there was the gash just below her bottom lip. Needless-to-say I have never heard her cry as hard as she did. But after about 5 minutes she was back to herself. Than a couple hours later I was doing Brooklyn's hair and she was sitting on a stool and Gracie tripped and hit her head on it. Poor thing! Then to top it off- I had to get gas and got a carwash because our car was disgustingly dirty and the carwash totally traumatized her. She screamed through the whole thing. I am curious if it will scare her everytime or if everything just added up and she had had it. (As a side note- aren't babies so cute in their jammies? I love it!)

Still smiling- I might add that this smile melts my heart!

Brooklyn is OBSESSED with gum. She is crazy. Sean had some in his pocket and she walked by him and then came back and smelled his pocket and said. "I smell gum!" We looked at each other like what the heck. So along with chewing it she is quite proud of herself when she blows a bubble!

(At one point of this day she did have a shirt on under this shirt- but of course she had to take it off.)

I love this picture with her looking cross-eyed at the bubble

7 comments:

The Maynards said...

Poor Gracie! That looks like a nasty cut. I love the picture of Brooklyn blowing a bubble; its so cute. Ali and Brooklyn were adorable last night. Ali had so much fun dancing and playing with Brooklyn.

Melissa Hernandez said...

I hate owies...they just break your heart! But it sounds like she was a real trooper! I think most kids are traumatized the first time they go through a car wash, it's gotta look a little crazy if you don't know what it's all about!! Isabella recently (last Friday) discovered Bubble Gum and it makes me laugh to see little girls chompin away on their gum, it's such a girl thing, isn't it? I love it!

Mindy M. said...

Darling pictures!! I really do think that Brooklyn and Ashlyn were twins that were accidently seperated! Ash changes her clothes 50 X a day and has to match everthing! Drives me crazy!! Sorry about the bad day ~ things get better when they're about 25!! I hope!!

Ballard Family said...

Your girls are so cute. I love Gracie's smile. She is getting so big!

Shelly Traveller said...

Poor Gracie but I love that jammie pictures! That is pretty impressive that Brooklyn can even blow bubbles no wonder she likes it so much

Natalie said...

I still can't blow a bubble with bubble gum. So glad my 4 year old niece is passing me up. :) I LOVE the cross-eyed picture.

Hopefully Gracie has many better days to come...Definitely nothing better than a baby in jammies. (And I love Gracie's monkey ones.)

Brett and Chelsea said...

We love our neices! They pretty much are the cutest girls in the whole world. We're so glad we could live so close and share so many great memories with them.