Monday, March 9, 2009

Fun in the Snow! & Happy Birthday to our Buddy!

As of yesterday we had no snow left on our lawn. In fact Sean even got Brooklyn's "Princess car" out this week and she was able to drive it. (scroll down past these photos)


This is how our day was today. Complete with over 2 feet of snow. Just when we thought Spring was almost here. We dressed the girls up in their snow gear and played outside. Brooklyn always loves it outside. Gracie wasn't sure. She was loving it until she fell and did a complete face plant in the snow. I took her in the house and got her warmed up and changed her hat and went back outside. I had the great idea that it would be fun for Sean to pull the gals in the sleigh. However the snow was too deep- add our dog Sandy into the mix and that equals Sandy pushing Brooklyn (who was holding Gracie) and Gracie going face first into the snow. Sean went running to her and her face was ALL white. She was not happy about it at all. Sad to say I didn't get a picture of that. And that ended our day of fun in the snow.

Today is also my nephew Garrett's birthday. Last year on the 9th- was a Sunday. We were blessing Gracie that day. My sister called me at about 6:45 in the morning and told me that her water had broke and that my mom was taking her to the hospital. Her husband was VERY sick with the influenza and couldn't get out of bed. So we blessed Grace- my mom came to the blessing then went back to the hospital and after the dinner was over- I headed to over to be with my sister. Greg's parents brought him over when it was gettting closer and poor Derk laid on the couch in the delivery room and I had the privledge to be Nat's coach. To make a long story short she pushed for a good 2 hours and I remember when she was almost there she looked at me with the most agonizing look on her face. I looked back at her with tears in my eyes and said, "You can do this Nat!" And then out little buddy was born soon after. It was really neat to be on that side of the Labor and Delivery process. We love our little Gare Bear. He thinks that everything Brooklyn does is HILARIOUS!! We will be trying all but standing on our heads to make him laugh and Brooklyn will walk in and he will burst out laughing. He loves her and she loves him. And little Gracie ADORES her buddy. She has been sick this week and at times when I couldn't console her I would get out my cell phone and show her a picture of Garrett and she would perk right up. They are so funny to watch together. Happy Birthday Buddy- we love you!

9 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

Seriously, is this weather not insane?? At least you took advantage of it and went out and played in it...I, on the other hand called it a "snow day" and me and Isabella layed around in our pj's a;; day....I'm lucky I even got a shower in (LOL). I am hoping it melts fast!!!!

The Maynards said...

I can't believe the snow- I had no idea is was coming. I had a dentist appointment in Providence yesterday morning at eight. I woke up with just enough time to get ready and go. Instead I looked out the window, said "CRAP", and dug myself out! I am super sore today because of all the shoveling I did yesterday

Rachel said...

My goodness i have missed not one, but THREE posts. What is going on. I think I have bloggers block (if there is such thing)looks like a fun time in the snow, but I am glad we didn't get as much over here.
Brooklyn should get her own calendar with those poses!

Carley said...

What cute poses of her on her princess car! You need to show me how to work with Photo Shop...I LOVE all of your pics. I got tears in my eyes reading about you helping Nat when Garrett was born....aren't sisters the BEST?!!

Katie Griffiths said...

I heard you got dumped on...hopefully it will melt fast (well, not too fast...no floods please). And happy birthday to little Garrett.

Mindy M. said...

Sorry about all the snow, but the pictures of your cute girls are priceless!! Watch out ~ looks like Brooklyn will be the Americas Next Top Model!!! Cute girls!!

kimbereggl said...

What cute snow pictures! I was looking back at some of your previous posts, too. That is so cute that you and your mom thought to wear the same sweater on her birthday. I'm assuming it wasn't planned! Too funny!

Brett and Chelsea said...

Oh Brooklyn. She's quite the star. She is probably one of the most adoreable girls ever. She has quite the "stunning" character.

Natalie said...

Those pictures are killer! Oh Brooklyn--the one and only. What would we ever do without that crazy kid? I can't believe it's already been a year since that wild Sunday. I'm so glad I had you to help me through it.