Friday, March 20, 2009

Teething woes...HELP!

Poor Gracie is working on getting some new teeth and it is not going over too well. This past week, she has been up about at least 3 times per night. Let me remind you that she started sleeping through the night at about 6 weeks old- we have been super spoiled. So her being up at night is really throwing me. You can tell by looking at these pictures that she is not feeling well at all. In the bottom one she is just sitting on my lap and she hardly ever just sits there. We have teething tablets, Motrin, and Tylenol. Does anyone else have any other miracle cure that has helped their kids through teething? Why does is have to be so hard on them?

8 comments:

The Maynards said...

We mostly did the ibuprofen, Tylenol and teething tablets combo too. You can give her Tylenol in between ibuprofen doses. That seemed to help. Ali did like chewing on frozen go-gurts. Good luck!

Katie Griffiths said...

No help here. We never really noticed new teeth with Cole, but Annie has a hard time too. She looks so sad!

Quinn and Melanie said...

Poor little thing!! And poor mommy...teething time is hard for both of you!! Good luck, I hope you get some sleep soon. You looked great the other day, even though you were low on sleep!!! :)

Melissa Hernandez said...

I hardly used Tylenol at all with Isabella, I bought one of those teething toys at Shopko, it was shaped like a foot, and she could hold it at the bottom. It's filled with weird soft stuff inside so you can freeze it. Isabella would knaw on those, and the frozen stuff made her a happy camper because it numbed her gums, I used that along with oragel, and we got through teething fairly easy! Good luck, sorry about the no sleep!

Natalie said...

Poor little Gracie...she has definitely not been herself. They've got to be cutting through any day now, right?

Kylene said...

I wish I had some great advice other than what has already been said but sadly, I don't. I completely understand the no sleep bit. My kids aren't even teething and we have been up every single night (multiple times) for the past 2 weeks. I hope things get better for both of us!

Gracie is still mighty cute, even if she does look so sad in the pic's. She is such a pretty little girl!

Good luck!

Kiesha said...

Does she like otter-pops? I've still got some from last summer-fall if you want me to run a bunch over to you. Call me if you want 'em. Have you found out who Brooklyn's coach is? Riley's is Larry Bodily. That would be fun if they were on the same team. If not, I'm sure I'll see you out on the sidelines. Best wishes on the teeth!

Rachel said...

Hey! THe baby orajel worked great for us. Ty was the worst for teething, but like all things, it passes (luckily).
gracie still looks cute even though she looks so sad.