Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Tree Catastrophe!

The other night we had a MAJOR incident with our Christmas Tree. Sean, Brooklyn, and I were hanging out before she went to bed. My phone rang and I got up to get it- as I was turning around, I hear Sean yell, "Brooklyn! Look out!" I hear this LOUD crash and look to see this:

Christmas Tree on Brooklyn


This is what was under the tree when we put it back up

The tree after the incident

So to preface the tree falling- I have to explain. Our front room is too small for our tree. Our tree is artificial and one that you have to put in branch-by-branch. So our first Christmas in our house I came up with the idea of just filling the branches in the front and side and putting the back right against the wall. It does get heavy on the side with the branches so we put weights on the base to even it out. Evidently, the weights fell off- making the tree fall right on top of Brooklyn. Sean went over first thing to lift the tree off her and I was like, "Wait- I need the camera." It was actually quite funny! The amazing thing is that only 1 little bulb broke. We did have a mess after and I had to redo parts of the tree. But it is up and we have put more weights on it.

5 comments:

The Maynards said...

That is quite the story. I'm glad she Brooklyn wasn't hurt!

Kami Anderson said...

Well not many kids can say they've had a Christmas tree fall on them. It's good she wasn't hurt.

Carley said...

Your tree does look beautiful....more so when it is standing upright!!!

Mindy M. said...

You were the topic of conversation @ Sunday dinner ~ who would ever let their Christmas tree fall over on their kid?? :) That is one that will never be forgotten! Good thing she is okay! Maybe time for an updated newer version that doesn't fall?

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you managed to get a picture! It was so funny because I heard Sean yelling at Brooklyn before you even had a chance to say "hello." I thought to myself, "Oh man...Brooklyn has really done it this time." It was almost a relief to know the tree had fallen and it wasn't even Brooklyn's fault! :)