Saturday, December 13, 2008
7 Years
The 14th marks me and Sean's 7th wedding anniversary! I cannot believe how fast time has flown. We have experienced many things together. When we first got married we lived in the basement of my grandma's house in Wellsville. We had our own little apartment down there and made many memories there. We spent 1 summer in Atlanta, Georgia. We got roped into Sean selling Pest Control and making the big bucks (ha ha). Sean would tell you that I hated every minute of it down there. At the time I think I did. I had never been away from my family or Utah and was so homesick. We only had one car and Sean needed it so I was stuck inside by myself all day. Toward the end I got a job working in an Law Office- a member in our Bishopric was an Immigration lawyer and hired me to help do paperwork. That made my days in Georgia more bearable. We did some fun things down there and looking back now I have fond memories of our summer in Georgia. We came back to my grandma's and were both in school. My grandma eventually got sick and Sean and I had the priviledge of helping take care of her. Also at this time we learned that we were pregnant with Brooklyn. What joy and happiness she has brought into our lives and our families. We often comment that Brooklyn gave my grandma 1 more year of life. I was touched as I would watch Sean so tenderly take care of my grandma. They would watch sports together and Sean would come up and watch the Jazz with her. After she passed away we were on a walk and walked passed the house we would eventually buy. We saw it was for sale and made an appointment to see it. The first time we walked through it we knew we wanted it. It has been a great "first home." We have welcomed Gracie into our family and what a sweetheart she is- also bringing joy into our lives. In our 7 years we have had 2 babies, bought a house, both graduated from college, had 2 dogs, had 6 different cars, lived in 2 states, gone on some way fun vacations, and grown together as a couple. We have had our ups and downs- and continue to love each other. I feel so blessed to be married to my best friend and to have him as the father of my kids. Happy Anniversary Babe- I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Congrats guys. I remember your wedding well. I barely made it to the reception because of the weather.
Tyler
Happy Anniversary! I love that picture of you guys, you look beautiful. How is Brooklyn after your tree incident that's too funny but i'm glad she didn't get hurt. Your tree looks good:)
Happy Anniversary!! I can't believe its been 7 years already.
Wow! 7 years! I remember how beautiful your wedding was....That is awesome that you have had so many years of great times and memories! Congrats!!!
My gosh, I have missed a few posts! :) I totally remembered that today was your anniversary. I think because we were counting down to it for so LONG! I remember there was a HUGE snowstorm that day (that night anyway!)
Happy Anniversary!
7 years!! Wasn't is just the other day we were at Shopko talking about getting married? LOVE the wedding picture!!
Happy Anniversary! Holy crapoli seven years! Wow! In your wedding picture I realize how much Brooklyn looks just like you Emily! You guys have done such a great job with your family. I hope to see you during Christmas Eve!
Happy Anniversary! I was reading the left side of your blog and am wondering when/where Brooklyn goes to preschool. Riley has a Miles in her class that she talks about ALL the time. GIRLS!
I love the pic of Brooklyn under the tree. I remember how small that living room is. :)
Wow, 7 years! Congratulations! And that is great that Sean did so well in his 10k. I'm excited to see you guys this weekend.
Congratulations on your anniversay! You have such a cute little family. I feel blessed to live so close to you and share in your life.
Happy Anniversary, i can't believe you have been married 7 years, man we are getting old (LOL). Have a Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment