I got tagged forever ago from Katie about 7 random things about me- so here goes:
1. I pop my knuckles, neck, back, knees, feet, toes, basically anything that can be popped I pop it. It drives people around me CRAZY. I have done this for as long as I can remember. My grandma Ila always would tell me that I was going to pop my knuckles out and they wouldn't go back in- but so far I haven't had that problem.
2. When I was a Junior in High school we went bowling for my weight training class and I got the highest score of anyone there- even the boys. My teacher, Coach Swenson, made me a trophy on a plastic bowling pin and it is still proudly on display at my parents house. (I might add this is the only thing that I have won.)
3. I had knee surgery in 2001 and after was sicker than a dog. I started throwing up on the car ride home and never stopped for days. I couldn't keep anything down including food and pain meds. I finally got a prescription for Compozine which is for nausea. So I had this horrible reaction to it- so bad that my parents thought that I was having a stroke. They called down our neighbor Rosemary- who is a nurse and she told my parents to get me to the hospital ASAP and not to bother calling an ambulance. My dad had to carry me to the car and about half way there, my mom looked back and thought they had lost me. We got to the hospital and as soon as they heard what I had taken they knew it was an allergic reaction and got some meds in me. So now I know that I can't take Compozine.
4. When I was 8 or 9 we were at Yellowstone- us kids were playing with some neighbor kids when some bufflo came stampeding through our campsite. We thought they were through and continued playing. This one buffalo started scuffing his front hoof and started charging- the kids parents we were playing with grabbed us and yelled for us to get in their trailer. This buffalo was ticked at something because he charged again and yanked my precious PURPLE UNICORN bike (banana seat and all) up with his horns and threw it in the air. It bent my spokes so I couldn't ride it- but at least we are all okay and alive. (my mom happened to have the camcorder going and recorded the whole thing)
5. I accomplished the great feat of waiting for my boyfriend on his mission- we have now been married 6 1/2 wonderful years and have 2 beautiful girls.
6. I love reality TV. Call me a loser but I do. The Bachelor, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol ( i am voting for David A. as I type), and The Amazing Race are some of my favorites.
7. I have had pretty easy Labor and Deliveries (I actually LOVE it). But- the after part has never been normal. Both of my girls have ended up in the NICU- Brooklyn for 6 days with a blood incompatibility and Gracie for a day with respiratory problems. Then they are both jaundice and have had to be under the lights YUCK! So I have not been able to enjoy the holding of the baby until about a week or so after the birth.
So now you know some random things about me and I am going to tag: Kiesha, Melissa, and Heidi (because you thanked Rach so much for not tagging you last time :))
5 comments:
THANK YOU for tagging Heidi! hehehe :) it will just take her FOREVER to get to it!
I totally remember the bowling pin trophy at your parents house! Precious memories :)
ps go DAVID A
ahhh MAN! did you not read the sarcasm in my statement to Rachel???? Rachel is right it will take me awhile to get around to it...but I will do it.
I am so mad that David A did not win! I think the thing in rigged. Just like Kobe winning the MVP was rigged. Go ahead and tell your laker lovin' husband I said that. Oh and stop poping your joints!!! Clayton does it and it drives me CRAZZZZZY.
The Yellowstone buffalo video! So glad to see that made the list, it was a neighborhood favorite. I think about it every time I'm in Yellowstone and see the big yellow signs warning guests that buffalo can run at speeds of up to 30 miles per hour.
I think you need to display the bowling pin at your house now. And reality T.V. is my weakness.
Reality TV...Yeah, I have a weak spot for it...The Amazing Race is my all time favorite show...and it is a bummer David A. didn't pull it off...and I am so sorry about your banana seat bike...how sad!
Post a Comment