Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine's Envelope

My sister came across the cutest blog called The Crafting Chicks. On this site there was the cutest idea for Valentine Envelopes. The gal that made them saw them originally in Pottery Barn Kids and made her own. So my sister and I decided to make them for our families and I am so happy with how they turned out. It is kinda the same idea as a Christmas stocking. We put little treats or dollar store things or notes in them. The gals are so excited to wake up in the morning and see what they have gotten for the day. In Sean and I's we decided to write little notes to each other or favorite memories. It has been so fun so far and I am excited to have this be a new tradition for our family.





This is how I have them hanging. I made one for our nameless baby and decided that I better do all 3 the same so I didn't have to hear any complaining over whose was better. :)



Also hanging on the shelf but hidden is this impression of the gals hands. My good friend Rory owns a darling boutique in Logan called A Child's Touch and they do these impressions. I love it! I can't wait to get one with 3 little hand prints on it.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

These really are the cutest little things and such a fun project! I'm glad they turned out so cute. (Even if it was slightly disastrous trying to make them with our wild children running around.)

I love the impressions from Rory's shop and think one with 3 little handprints will be so cute. I am getting so excited for baby girl #3!!!

The Maynards said...

Those are really cute. I've been wanting to make a mailbox, but maybe I'll do this instead,

Rachel said...

I didn't know that Rory was in Logan. I will have to go to her boutique. Those impressions are darling.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Valentine's idea. I have been trying to think of some fun traditions to do.

Michelle said...

Those are so fun and cute! I may just have to make some myself.

Crafting Chicks said...

We just love to see when other people come up with! Thanks for sharing this on your blog!

Becky
www.thecraftingchicks.com