Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fun in the Sun

Over the holiday weekend, the gals and I escaped the inversion with my mom and some of the Andie's and headed for sunny St. George. To say we had a great time would be an understatement! We were able to visit with family and friends- it was so good to see each and every one of them. We enjoyed some shopping, grandma spoiled the gals (and me) rotten! Thanks mom!!! (The gals LOVE their grandma- in fact the night we got home Gracie had a come apart when her grandma left. She bawled for quite awhile and woke up in the morning bawling because she wanted her grandma so I had to call my mom and see if we could meet during her lunch so Gracie could see her.) We enjoyed the sun- I had to buy Brooklyn a pair of flip-flops because all I brought us were our boots. The gals love going to the temple grounds and walking around and going through the visitor's center. We went on Sunday and it was delightful! The gals keep asking, "can we go back to St. George?" It was a fun get-away and probably my last until this new little baby joins our family. Thanks everyone for your help with the gals- they love you! Gracie has really turned into quite the funny little gal. She made a few classic comments during the trip that I don't think will die. My cousin Marlee was getting ready and Gracie looks at her and says, "you look terrible." And then awhile later she looked at her and said, "you look funny." So the rest of the trip we would look at each other and inform one other that they looked terrible. I guess I should start working on tact. :)



We went shopping and Gracie shopped til she dropped!
















6 comments:

Rachel said...

the pics of the girls at the temple are GORGEOUS!
Jealous that you were so warm. It is cold and just blah. I can't wait for spring. THe end.

Chantel said...

Oh how I wish for a St. George get away :) It looks like you guys had a lot of fun and your pictures are SO cute!

Carley said...

How fun...St. George sounds SO great anytime, but ESPECIALLY now!!! So glad that you were able to get away and have such a fun time!

kimbereggl said...

I'm so jealous! What I wouln't give for a dose of sun right now. Aren't girl's getaways the best??

Katie Griffiths said...

Oh how much I would love to be in the sun right now. I think St. George was created for January getaways...especially for people in Cache Valley.

Melissa Hernandez said...

Oh....sT. George, that sounds lovely!