Several weeks ago, Brooklyn came home from school with a note explaining that there was going to be an "Evening of Art" (our school changed from a PTA to a PTO this year and this is to replace the Reflections contest.) Brooklyn told me that she wanted to draw a picture and enter it in. The theme for the event was "Treasure" we talked about what different types of treasures were and I told her to think about what she wanted to draw. She immediately told me that her best treasure was her family. Sniff Sniff. She came up with that by herself and I am so proud of her for realizing that over her toys, her DS, her scooter, etc. her family is her greatest treasure. She sat down to draw the picture- she started over once- and came up with her piece titled, "My Family is my Greatest Treasure." Thursday night was the event it started at 6:30 and at 5:30 she tells me that she is going in to get dressed in her Christmas dress because she needed to look really nice. I told her that I thought that what she wore to school would be just fine, but she insisted on her dress. She got all dolled up and then patiently waited for her daddy to get home from work so we could head up to the school. She found Grandma and was beyond thrilled when we found her picture and she noticed that she had purple ribbon- she has ALWAYS wanted one. Her other incentive for entering was that every child that entered received a free meal from Texas Road House- she was ecstatic to get that also. Texas Road House was there serving a lite meal. It was such a great event and I am so proud of Brooklyn for wanting to take part in it!
3 comments:
I love how excited she was for her big night! She looks so cute and how sweet that she came up with the idea of her family being her greatest treasure all on her own. She's such a great kid.
P.S. I also love that she won herself a ribbon! (She asked me the other day if she could be in the next horse show with Garrett--not because she wanted to ride a horse, but because she wanted to win a ribbon.) What a little character!
DARLING! i love the joy on her face and I love that she probably said some really funny things that are just normal to you.
She looks adorable in her dress. It is always fun to get dressed up right?!
So sweet! It reminds me of the scripture, "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." These little ones hold their mama's hearts pretty tight don't they.
Post a Comment