Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Poor Grace

Poor Gracie has had a rough couple of weeks! She has been sick for 2 straight weeks. She ran a fever and after the 3rd day of 103 I took her to the doctor. He and I were both hoping she had Strep. Kinda sad when you are hoping your child has Strep, but at least it can be treated. It came back negative and he said she would start with a cough and runny nose. Well she didn't get it for several days and was starting to feel better so I thought we were lucky and had bypassed that. But no such luck! It hit full force and she is miserable!! Her poor no as she calls her nose, lips, and chin are all so sore and chapped. And to make matters worse, I was making some rolls one night for dinner and had the big bucket of flour sitting on a chair. She climbed up and was playing with it and helping me. She managed to get it everywhere, but was having so much fun. I walked into the other room and heard a nasty thud, it was one of those that you knew was not going to be good. She started screaming. I ran in and could not see that she was hurt anywhere- I loved her and got her happy again. She was in the kitchen again climbing up the drawers and I told her she needed to get down or she was going to get hurt. As I said that she fell and hit her chin on the counter. Of course she started bawling and said she had hit it again. I didn't think anything of it until that night I noticed something on her chin and went to clean it and found this lovely bruise! Poor thing! The next day or two it looked even worse, but I didn't get a picture. (We are hoping to have all illnesses out of the way before May arrives.)



She did like the way that it looked like a rainbow





Kinda a random picture, but grandma got all the gals matching dresses for Christmas. We finally had them all wear them on the same day and this was the best picture we could manage. They looked so cute though.



And our lives would be pretty dull without this firecracker!

3 comments:

Kylene said...

My girls have those same dresses! Cute, cute. Poor Gracie. When it rains it pours sometimes huh! How are you feeling? I think we need a pregnancy update.

Mindy M. said...

Ouch!! Poor little lady! Hope she is feeling better. What would we do without our 6 year firecrackers? Our lives would be pretty boring here at our house.

Rachel said...

Poor Gracie. That looks very painful. Just as long as they are all gone by May....before would be nice too.
Just thinking about Brooklyn makes me smile :)