
Tyler works for Fox so he took us to the Fox lot and gave a tour. It was really cool. Brooklyn likes to watch the Simpson's with Sean when I am not home so she was happy to get her picture taken with the wall. We went to the beach with Kristin and Tyler and the kids and had a good time. The water was pretty cold so there was a lot of playing in the sand. The kids did a lot of bickering back and forth, but had a good time together. Brooklyn and Vinny put some music on and started dancing. They were so funny. Thanks Atkinson family for letting us invade you guys- we had a blast with you!!!

Our first day at Disneyland the gals decided to dress-up. Gracie was Tinkerbell and Brooklyn was Minnie Mouse. Brooklyn was so excited when we walked in and one of the first things we saw was Minnie Mouse. We also got the gals their cute mouse ears with their names on them. Gracie decided sometime during the trip that start giving a big cheesy smile. She cracked us up with it. We only had a few hours the first day because we had tickets to go to a Dodgers game.

We had a blast at the game. The Dodgers were playing the Padres. Brooklyn picked out her cute hat that says- Dodgers Princess.

The characters. We spent A LOT of time in line to get pictures with these guys, it drove Sean nuts, but Brooklyn loved it. I wasn't sure how Gracie would do. But as long as I was right there she did good.

Our first ride we did was the Tea Cups. The gals LOVED Dumbo and A Small World. At night time we would do them over and over.

Brooklyn was so excited to get her Autotopia driver's license (she thought it was real) and was even more excited to actually drive the car.

One of the favorite parts for the gals- getting to see the princesses. Cinderella was the first one we saw and you can see Gracie wasn't so sure so Sean got in the picture. She had dressed up as Snow White one day and so was happy to see her and she loves pink so she loved Sleeping Beauty. Brooklyn was in heaven with the whole thing.

Just some random pictures. At California Adventures Brooklyn got her face painted. She actually got 2 days out of it. The picture on the top right, the gals were so excited to ride the train and that was their reaction to getting to ride it. We loved the Toy Story ride even though the wait was 45 minutes or more- we look stylin' in our 3D glasses. Brooklyn and Gracie looked so cute dressed up. Sean and the gals waiting for the High School Musical Parade. The last picture was taken of us the last night in front of the castle. The gals loved the castle.

Our last day there, I took the gals to Disneyland while we were there we were able to see Tinkerbell. The gals loved her. Sean had gone surfing while we went and got stung by a sting ray. He said it felt like 20 bee stings in the same spot. He soaked it in hot water and rested for a little bit and then was ok.

The High School Musical Parade. We spend a lot of time waiting to see this. We read the schedule wrong and sat waiting for it one day for 20 minutes and then we were told it was blacked out for the day but would be going the next day. We went the next day and realized it wasn't showing that day either. We were finally able to see it. I love how the gals are taking it in- laying on the ground (gross)! Brooklyn loves Loves LOVES all things High School Musical so she was very serious about the whole thing and took it all in. Gracie loved the music and was up dancing to it.

After the temple, we went to La Jolla Cove. It is a beautiful place. There are rocks there where Sea Lions or Seals I don't know the difference hang out. We were hanging out on some rocks where I got the picture of the wave hitting. I was getting nervous and told Sean I thought we should go and I headed off with Gracie. The rocks are super slippery and I totally fell carrying her. Luckily I was able to save her from getting hurt. But I didn't end up so lucky- my knee got all scraped up and bruised, the other foot got scraped up, and my hand. It hurt so bad. I was wearing a skirt so I am sure that the many people that saw it happen and didn't ask it I was ok got quite the sight! :) We did see a pod of dolphins swim by and witnessed an amazing sunset.

We had a blast at Sea World. (I actually didn't take too many pictures here.) We fed the dolphins and that was really cool. They have the Sesame Street characters there and Brooklyn was excited to get a picture with Elmo.
We had so much fun on this trip and made so many fun memories as a family. The flat tire and Sean getting stung weren't fun. A funny thing happened to me. I went and rode the Matterhorn while Sean took the gals on Small World and we were pretty close to the end when the ride just stopped. They got on the speakers and said it would be shut down for 45 minutes. I was thinking great. We were right by an exit door and couldn't figure out why they just couldn't get us off through it. Finally, 20 minutes later they did. A kid had been sticking his legs out of the ride so they stopped it and escorted him off to security. At the same time in Small World they were riding along and then starting going backwards. Those are some random things that happened. The worst thing that happened on the vacation was when we got word that my brother-in-law Greg was admitted into the hospital and was very sick. Things were not looking good and I happened to call my Aunt Paula- she was upset and said they had taken Greg into emergency surgery to take out his infected gall-bladder and that things weren't good. I felt completely helpless and all I wanted to do was be with my sister. Sean and I started looking for flights to try and get me to Utah. It was about 10 o'clock and we could not find one until the next day. The surgery ended up going good. He stayed in the hospital for several days after. He had salmonella, bacteria in his blood, and a bacteria in his stomach. We are so glad that he is getting better every day. But other than that it was really an awesome vacation for our family. I can't wait to do it again!!




10 comments:
What a blast! I am so glad that you guys were able to go and have so much fun! That happened to us too on the Matterhorn...must be a common occurrance! We were barely just outside of the end of the ride thankfully and they let us get off so we didn't have to wait! I am so glad that Greg is getting better...what a scare!
Looks like you had fun! And it sounds like you had A LOT going on. We are going to San Diego next month. Can you tell me everything you learned about the area?
My girls are DYING to go to Disneyland. I'll have to email you with questions when we plan our trip! I love all your pic's. It looks like you had such a fun time.
What a fun vacation. You guys packed a ton of stuff in! We are going to that place for Christmas (well in Feb., but that is their gift) so I will have to hear the details too :) Glad you had fun!
Such a fun vacation! I haven't even seen your pictures yet and LOVED looking at them and reading your post. The gals looked so cute in their dress-ups and mouse ears. Hopefully next time we can be there with you rather than being stuck in the hospital! I'm glad you couldn't get a flight out and stayed and finished your trip. It all worked out for the best! Love ya!
I am so glad you had a great vacation. We sure loved having you stay with us and know that you are welcome to come back anytime! The kids still talk about it and will remember the time we got to spend with you forever. It looks like you made some amazing memories for your family. Next time hopefully we can come with you and share some of the Disneyland magic!
Sounds like a great trip! I don't think there is a better trip for kids than Disneyland and the beach.
It looks like you had a GREAT time! Your girls look so cute in their little outfits. I think that is the joy of girls!
how fun, i am so jealous, i hope i can take my kids there some day(soon), i do however get to go to chicago with troy for his work so im excited about that, i am going to miss my kids extremely bad though, i hope it's worth it!
What cute girls you have! And what a fun vacation. It is always nice to escape from reality and everyday life now and again. We lived in Oceanside for 2 years when we had first joined the Marines. It was a great place to be.
Post a Comment