Friday, August 27, 2010

Week of Firsts

We have had a week of firsts in our house this week. On Monday, Gracie and I started a mommy and me dance class. It was quite fun- she had a few moments of needing me to hold her but other than that she had a fun time. Brooklyn also started dance on Monday. Yesterday, was Brooklyn's first day of school. she started first grade so she is gone all day. It is a little weird for me to have my little side-kick gone all day. She has Mrs. Giddings and we are hoping for another good year.



Gracie looked so cute in her little leotard



First day of first grade!



She picked a Barbie backpack this year



In front of her classroom



A picture with grandma. (this is grandma's last year of teaching and then she retires)

4 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

Where do you find mommy/daughter dance classes?? so fun! Cute pictures!

Rachel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)
I can't believe your mom is retiring......then what is she going to do?
I love Brooklyn's hair. You did an awesome job! Oh, and I also love her shoes!

Kylene said...

Such cute girls. I can't believe Brooklyn is in FIRST grade! Man, they grow fast. Happy late Birthday! I hope you had a great day.

ps. I would LOVE to see you in a mommy/me dance class. I bet you're awesome! How fun.

Natalie said...

Lots of firsts--and all of them so great! Little Grace looks so cute in her dance clothes and Brooklyn is looking like a regular rock star. That outfit cracks me up. What a gal!