Saturday, December 5, 2009

Citizen of the Month!

On Monday, we went to good ol' Wellsville Elementary to see Brooklyn receive the Citizen of the Month award for her class. Every month the teacher picks a student who has been a good citizen, friend. The whole school meets in the gym and they call the student from each class up and then do a fun little cheer for them. This really was a proud parent moment. Sean and I have tried to teach Brooklyn to be a good person and we hear all the time how she is a great friend and student at school. I am really proud of her for being such a good girl. It is kinda funny, she takes being a good citizen VERY seriously. If she is acting up- I will say to her, "I bet Mr. Dobson (the Principal) and Mrs. Allen (her teacher) would love to see how you are acting right now- you are really acting like a good citizen." And she will shape right up. We love you Brooklyn!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Congrats to Brooklyn! We are so proud of her for being such a great "citizen." I love how serious she is about it. Definitely gives you some good leverage. Between that and Santa Claus threats, she should be an angel for at least the next few weeks. :)

Melissa Hernandez said...

that is for sure a proud mommy moment!!!!! so when isabella is acting up, can i send her over to your house so you can teach her these good citizen skills????

Michelle said...

Way to go Brooklyn...and Emily for being such a good mom! Hey and I saw that recipe on Studio 5 the day the lady made it and decided to give it a whirl when I saw it on your blog. Oh my gosh it was soooo good I pretty much ate the whole pan myself! Thanks for the idea!

Kami Anderson said...

Go Brooklyn!! I'm so proud of her. I can't believe how fast the time flies. Can she really be big enough to be in Kindergarten?

kristen said...

Way to go Brooklyn! That is so exciting for her and probably made her feel so proud, and you and Sean as well.

Kylene said...

Congrats to Brooklyn! That is so awesome. I'm sure if there was a mom of the month you'd win too! ;) I love all the pic's.

Shelly Traveller said...

She's such a cuties! You should be very proud.

Carolee Brown said...

That always makes you feel good as a parent. Congratulations to Brooklyn. It must be that she has such great parents:)