I cannot believe that a whole year has passed!! Gracie had her 2nd Birthday yesterday! I can't stand how fast time goes by- it was just yesterday that I had her and now she is 2!!! I got induced a little after 10PM on the 19th and had her at 3 AM on the 20th. She weighed in at a healthy 8 lbs. 10 oz. and was 20 inches long. She didn't cry very much when she born and right off I knew there was something not right. The nurse kept listening to her lungs and would try and get her to cry and keep listening to her. The nurse played it really cool and told us that sometimes if the baby doesn't cry their lungs don't open fully up and that she wanted to wait and see what happened. Here I am in the after-birth not being able to do anything. My mom kept looking at me with a very concerned look on her face- she knew something wasn't right either. Finally, the nurse said she was going to take her down to the nursery and listen to her for a little bit. They finally determined she was having some respiratory problems and was admitted to the NICU. We were familiar with the NICU because Brooklyn was in there for 6 days after she was born. I could not believe that my second would be in there too. I was still numb from the epidural plus it was 4AM and was so tired. So they took me up to my room and told me that me as soon as the epidural wore off I could go and see her. I got a little sleep, but not a ton and Sean slept a little too. My parents had rode over and my mom had to be to school for her sing-a-long so my sweet dad sat in the NICU with our little baby. Thank you so much dad!! I was finally able to go down and see her around 9 or 10 (I think). I was not prepared to see the oxygen in her nose or the tube going down her throat. At this point, we didn't have a name for her, so Sean and I sat there trying out the 2 names we had and decided that she would be named Gracie Kaye. She ended up spending about 12 hours in the NICU, not too bad. Then she had to be under the lights. We brought her home under the lights, she spent Christmas under the lights, and suntanned for about 5 days. I think we have been blessed for the rough start she had because she is a very sweet little girl. She loves her "sissy" and her "Gus." She has a HUGE sweet tooth (I wonder where she got that from)- I swear she has a 6th sense for anything with sugar in it. I will be in the kitchen trying to sneak me a treat and suddenly she will appear and yell, "PEAS" (for please). She is talking up a storm- it is so fun to watch her develop. She went into the doctor today and weighs 30.5 pounds and is 35.5 inches tall. That puts her in the 89th percentile for both. (She has been in the 100th.) Here comes the cliche part- but I truely do feel so blessed to be her mother. She brings SO much happiness and love into our home! We Love YOU- Gracie!


You can't really tell, but she has the oxygen and tube down her throat in this picture. I love how she is holding her binki.

She had a very successful birthday with LOTS of fun new toys and cute clothes. We had a party for her on Saturday at Sean's parents house and one on Sunday at my parents house. She is a spoile little girl with lots of people who love her.

My sister-in-law Chelsea took some pictures of us last week and got this adorable one of Gracie.
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Gracie! I love these birth posts. It's so fun to read about all the emotion that comes with each new little baby. She is beautiful! (and I think she looks a lot like you) :)
Gracie is such a sweetheart. I can't believe she is already 2. I remember being at the hospital with Mom and Marlee when she was born. While you were still in the room you delivered in they let us in and you were sitting there all alone because everyone else was in the NICU with Gracie. Let's pray that next time you don't have to deal with the NICU.
Happy Birthday sweet girl....I can't believe she is 2...honestly....why does time have to go too, too fast?!??
2 years? Crazy! Give her a b-day squeeze for us. Why can't cleaning my house go as fast as my kids grow. :)
Is it already that time already! She sure is a doll!
What a sweet post. I had forgotten many of the details of her birth. She is a cute little thing--I love that last picture from Chelsea. Yes--she loves her "Gus" and he loves her back. If only we could find a way to keep the two of them out of trouble!!!
Post a Comment