Monday, November 30, 2009

Cinnamon Carmel Corn with Pecans and White Chocolate

On my Halloween post, I mentioned some popcorn that I had made that Sean said was the best thing I have ever made- besides the gals. It is super good!! I wish I could take credit for the recipe, but can't. Every morning at 11 on our local channel 5 (KSL) is a show called Studio 5. I am a FAN of this show. There are cooking segments, home improvement, home decorating, beauty/fashion, etc. This is where I saw the recipe for this. It was made my a gal named Sara Wells she also has a cooking website that is www.ourbestbites.com. This popcorn would be a cute visiting teaching or neighbor gift- put in a cute celophane bag and tied with a cute ribbon. Let me know if you make it and what you think.

Cinnamon Carmel Popcorn with Pecans and White Chocolate

-12 cups popcorn (about 1/2 cup kernals) I use microwave and use 2 bags
-1 cup roughly chopped pecans
-1 cup brown sugar
-3/4 tsp. cinnamon
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
-1 tsp. vanilla
-1/4 tsp. salt
-1/4 cup Karo syrup (honey makes a good substitution)
-1 stick real butter (1/2 cup)
-3 oz. almond bark (about 2 1/2 squares)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees

Place popcorn and chopped pecans in a large bowl and set aside

Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a 4 cup capacity microwave safe bowl. Mix well. Chop butter into chunks and place on top of sugar mixture. Pour corn syrup over the top of everything. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and then stir to combine. Return to microwave and heat for 2 minutes. Remove and stir and then microwave for 2 minutes more.

Remove from microwave and add in vanilla and baking soda. Stir to combine. Mixture will foam and rise. Pour carmel mixture over popcorn and pecans and stir very well so everything is well coated.

Spread popcorn mixture on a foil-lined jelly roll pan. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 mintues.

Remove from oven and spread on a large piece of parchment, waxed paper, or foil.

Melt almond bark according to package instructions. Drizzle over popcorn mixture. When almond bark is hardened and popcorn is cool, break into chunks and enjoy!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

This looks totally delish! I might just have to whip some up--or maybe you can just make some for me. :)

The Maynards said...

That sounds heavenly! I might just have to try it out.

Melissa Hernandez said...

Yum,thanks for sharing, I will have to make a batch of this the night I watch polar express with the girls....it looks heavenly!

Shelly Traveller said...

This looks so good! I'll have to give it a try, thanks for sharing.

Carolee Brown said...

i hope i can make it just as good. im giving it out as a treat to my music students. thank u