I know this sounds cliche- but I feel so blessed to be the mom of these two sweet girls! They bring so much joy and happiness into my life! I was lucky enough to have a sister and these two are so lucky to have each other. I love how they call each other "sissy" or "sis". Last week after family night Gracie was on the couch and fell off and immediately started screaming and blood coming out of her mouth. Sean and I took her into the sink and could not see where it was coming from. She bawled and screamed for a good 20 minutes. She let out a scream and Sean and I saw a huge gaping hole in the very back of her mouth on the roof. I started looking around to see what had happened and saw a marker laying right where she had fallen. It had stabbed the top of her mouth. Poor thing! It was a MISERABLE night and following days. Thank goodness for the movie Ratatouille. For some reason she LOVES that movie and can sit and watch the whole thing. I have no idea how any times we watched it- but it was the only thing that would make her happy. Brooklyn was a little jealous that Gracie got to stay up at night and watch it- I walked into the front room and saw the two of them cuddling together. Brooklyn had her arm around Gracie and was rubbing her arm. It was one of the sweetest things I have seen in awhile. It was hard to get mad at Brooklyn when she was taking such good care of her sissy!


8 comments:
Poor Gracie! Hope she feels better.
That is so sad.....the marker part, not the good sister part.
I think that is how you and nat were.
Your girls are so cute.We miss seeing them everyday.
So sweet! What a bad owie...hope she is feeling better.
That is SO sweet. They are SO cute. I would LOVE for Alivia to have a sister, but I don't know if that will happen....there is just something special about having sisters.
I love, love, love the pic of them snuggling on the couch. I also loved that Brooklyn called me that night to see if Gracie could talk to Gus to cheer her up. What a sweet sister! Sisters are the best!!!
Ouch!! Yup, I agree..sisters are the best!
Such a sweet tender story (minus the part of her getting hurt and a long 24 hours for you)! I love having 2 girls, they are soooo sweet to watch, I can't wait until my girls are a little older and they can interact a little more. I never had a sister, so I think it's just sweet to watch sisters interact and take care of each other!
Post a Comment