Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day

We had an awesome Labor Day this year- Labor Day weekend is also Wellsville's Founders Day. Wellsville has a tradition of firing off a cannon the morning of- starting at about 5 A.M. This year right at 5:11 I woke up startled because the cannon went off right outside of my window. Luckily- the rest of the house slept through it. A couple months ago I challenged my cousin Janalee that we should start training and run the Wellsville Fun Run 5K on Labor Day. The beginning of July we started our training. And we did it!! We ran a 5K. When I first started training, I honestly could not run a block without wanting to die. And little by little my body became used to it. We are especially proud of ourselves because we actually ran the whole thing! That was a major accomplishment for both of us. Thank you Jan for being such a great running partner and for keeping me motivated. Thank you also to our "fans" who came and cheered us on- it was so good to see your faces as we were in the final stretch! After the run we all went to my house and had a delicious breakfast and then walked down to the parade. The parade was spectacular this year- and we managed to get a ton of candy! Wellsville also has a tradtion of having a "sham battle" in this event, there are some people dressed up as Cowboys/Pioneers and then there are the loud Indians. They all are shooting off guns and are VERY loud- not a favorite part of the parade. Brooklyn decided she didn't like it at all and hid behind the stroller. I might mention that Gracie slept through the parade- she would not have enjoyed this either. But, other than that it was a fun parade. After the parade, we headed out to Sean's grandparents house in Stone, Idaho. Sean's grandma spoiled us with a fantastic lunch. They have a 4-Wheeler and a Ranger. Brooklyn LOVES both of these and spends most of her time going for rides. This year Gracie decided that she also LOVES the Ranger. We could not get her off of it. Even when we were done she would sit on it and put the seatbelt on. We had a wonderful day!

Enjoying the parade and Brooklyn hiding behind the stroller



Miss Gracie

Brooklyn and her cousin Becca

3 comments:

Rachel said...

GOOD JOB! I love brooklyn's pose in the last picture!

Katie Griffiths said...

Congrats on the run. They can be a bit addictive. I still cover my ears in parades when there are sirens or guns. I don't know who finds them enjoyable.

Natalie said...

YEAH!!! I'm so, so, so proud of you and Jan for training for and finishing that race. What a huge accomplishment!