Wednesday, August 12, 2009

HELP!

So over the 4th of July my friend talked me into running in the Ragnar Relay in Las Vegas on October 9th and 10th. I have been training really hard and looking forward to it. Last week she called me and told me that our team had basically dismantled. I am so sad! I was really looking forward to doing this. If anyone is interested in going to Vegas and participating PLEASE do it and let me know. I don't know a ton about it- but we would have a team of 12 and we run about 200 miles in 24 hours- going in shifts. You could go to http://www.ragnarrelay.com/ and check it out. Oh- each team has to come up with $1200- $100 for each member. We have missed a deadline and there is an added late fee that would put the amount to $115 each. Let me know if you are interested!

8 comments:

Kami Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kami Anderson said...

I'm seriously wondering if you have lost your mind. This doesn't sound fun to me at all. I'm afraid I won't be able to help you out with this problem.

Paula said...

Count me in for sure. I will start training after the wedding. A couple of weeks of training should be enough, shouldn't it?

Quinn and Melanie said...

Good for you!!! I am very excited for you. I seriously would join if I was not prego..next year count me in. I love running and I love Vegas so why not?? Good luck. I hope you get a team together. :)

Clayton and Heidi said...

I totally would (doesn't everyone say that) if I would be around that weekend. There is a relay that runs along the Oregon coast. If you ever do that one let me know...seriously I will volunteer myself and my husband.

Katie Griffiths said...

I will probably be out of town, or I would love to run with you. It's Floyd's birthday on the 9th, so we are heading up to Jackson. Kelli's probably out too - but maybe Karlee would want to run with you...

grandma said...

Hi Emily. It's Linda, Joe's sister. Kevin ran ragnar from Logan to Park City this spring. We'll all be in Logan next weekend (22/23) if you want to talk to him. There's was 36 hours. He did really well.

Karlee Christiansen said...

Oh man, I am tempted, the Ragnar Relay is actually A TON of fun! I didn't think it would be but I loved it. Unfortunately, I think my feet and wallet have had enough running for the year.