Brooklyn and my cute sister-in-law Sher
We decided to plant our first garden this year. We when planted it- I was hoping that I would get 1 thing to grow- I have got to say we have had quite the success. Our tomatoes are out of control and we have gotten 10 Zuchinni's so far. I took these pictures to try and show how big the tomato plants are campared to the gals- but it doesn't do it justice. They are as tall as me- now.
Gracie was so excited with the zuchinni and of course Brooklyn is stiking a pose of some kind
My cuties
Those are the tomatoes behind Brooklyn
So since I am going to have a TON of zuchinni- if any of you have a good zuchinni recipe will you please share it with me. And I am going to share a couple of my favorite recipes using zuchinni. I made both of these this past week and they are so good. The first one is a zuchinni casserole.
Zuchinni Casserole
Mix togther
Brown 1 lb. Hamburger
1 can Tomato soup
1 cup Minute rice
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 Cup water
A couple handfuls of cheese
Line a 9x13 pan with zuchinni (I cut mine in fourths so they are more bite size) and pour 1/2 the mixture on it. Put some more zuchinni and then pour the rest of the mixture on it. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
My friend Karen gave me this recipe- it is a variation of the classic zuchinni bread.
Chocolate Zuchinni Bread
3 TBS Cocoa
2 cups zuchinni, grated
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup oil (I use applesauce here to make it less fattening)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Grease 2 8x4-inch loaf pans. Mix the dry ingredients together. Beat eggs- add sugars, oil, and vanilla- beat until creamy. Add the zuchinni and stir together. Mix in the dry ingredients. Add the chocolate chips. Bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes.
12 comments:
Your garden looks awesome! Thanks for the recipes.
I love the pic of Sher and Brooklyn. That is so cute!!! (And I love the elk in the background.) :) I am still so bummed we weren't able to be there with you guys--it sounds like you had a great time.
I am so proud of your garden! I still need to come and see it. I can't wait to make zuchinni casserole. Thanks for posting the recipe so I won't have to dig through my file.
Em, zucchini feezes real well, put it in the freezer so you can enjoy your favorite recipes during the cold winter months when you are praying for warm weather
Look at you, you DOmestic Diva! I will have to try that chocolate zuchinni bread, that sounds delic!
Cute pictures - I can never get my tomoatoes to grow. Can't figure out why. Kelli has a really good apple cake recipe andI have substituted zuchinni in place of the apples before and it works great. I'm pretty sure she posted the recipe on our cooking blog, but if not, I'll get it posted on there.
Send some Zuchinni bread my way...please!!!
The girls are so cute.WOW!!! Your garden has got so big.Good job.That will show Nancy.
Thanks again for the zuchinni's. They are huge! Brooklyn was so cute when she called. Tell her that we'll have her come pick her own carrots out of our garden when they're ready. Thanks for the recipe's too. I'm for sure gonna give them a try. Glenna has a good fried zuchinni recipe. I'll try to get it from her. Hope your head's feelin' better!
I am totally trying those recipes. I don't think I saw a single weed in that garden. I am impressed!
We're going to have to take a weekend trip to Bear Lake when we get home. We have never been the cabin with everyone there - sad!
What to do with all that zucchini?!! Your recipes look great! We love having a garden too..though, admitidly, Brian does most of our gardening and I just eat it.
I will have to try that recipe i love Zucchini bread. I love Brooklyn's hat she's such a little cutie! Impressive garden too!
Post a Comment