Five years ago today- I would have never imagined time would have flown by the way it has. Today marked a milestone in the life of Brooklyn IlaRee Maynard, today was her first day of kindergarten. She has been so excited all summer for school to start and about the last month has asked every day if it was time for school. Brooklyn is in the afternoon session of kindergarten and her teacher is Mrs. Allen. This morning I had to wake her up so that she could have a good breakfast- Sean made eggs and bacon. We got her dressed and she decided that she wanted to wear a headband. She gets so sick of taking pictures so we had to bribe her with a piece of gum to get her to take any. We then loaded up the car to take her- Sean, Gracie, and I all went. We got to the school and walked her in. She gave us hugs and kisses and waved and in she went. I looked in and saw her chewing on the gum we had bribed her with. So I went in and whispered to her that I needed her gum. I could tell that she was worried and she tried discreetly to hand me the gum. oops! I think that I could have sat in the doorway all day to make sure that her day went well- I don't think that would have been to popular with her though. My mom teaches at the school and I had to call and see if she had seen Brooklyn and how she was doing. I have been saying that I was excited for her to go to school- but I have got to say- today was a little harder than I thought it would be. It is crazy for me to think that my baby is growing up. We are so proud of Brooklyn and hopes she has a great year!


She wanted a Princess backpack

Of course she had to strike some kind of pose

Good job on the timer Sean

The morning and afternoon sessions overlap for about 15 minutes so when we dropped her off we didn't get the classic picture of her by her classroom door. So we had to get it after school- glad to see she is still smiling.

Brooklyn is lucky to have her classroom right across the hall from Grandma Sue
9 comments:
Crazy! I can't believe she is in kindergarten!
Cute pics! I'm glad her first day of school was a smashing success. You forgot to mention that her first day of school was also your BIRTHDAY!
Glad she (and you) made it through just fine. I hope she has a great year.
How fun to have your mom right across the hall! She looks all grown-up. Happy birthday yesterday!!!! I hope you had a great day! That just reminded me I need to call Tim and wish him a happy birthday!
She's getting so big. Before you know it she'll be graduated from high school.
So Mrs. Allen as in RITA!!! I, too, can't believe she's a kindergartner.
brooklyn looks so old, i can't believe our girls are going to school, how sad. im not looking forward to all to all the drama that girls have in school!!!! im glad you like our name we chose, sorry we had to copy you, it's just so cute, and she looked so much like a gracie instead of hannah i don't know why, i've wanted to use hannah my whole life, which we called her for a few days and i changed it, wierd huh, i never believed that a child looked one name better than another until gracie, she just looked the name. i hear it's one of the very most popular names, great, now there will be three of them to a class!!
She looks so cute and like such a big girl! I bet that was a hard day. That is one that I am not looking forward to at all! Thanks for your comments. It's nice to hear that others have gone through this rough transition and that it is going to get better.
She looks so big! How nice that your mom is there by her :)
Post a Comment