Sean had school on the night of Brooklyn's Preschool Graduation and had told her that when the movie UP came out we would go to Ogden and eat at the Pizza Factory (if you have never eaten there you need to- their Breadtwists are to die for- they also have a fun little arcade) and then see the show. We did eat at the Pizza Factory- but couldn't get tickets in Ogden so we made the little drive to Layton. Before the show started Sean mentioned that Gracie had a messy diaper and he was taking her out to change her. He came back in and said there wasn't a changing table so I took her to the women's restroom thinking that it would be in there- nope it wasn't. This theater has I think 18 theaters and we were in the back- so I walked to the front restrooms and no changing table. The manager was standing there and I asked him if there was a family restroom somewhere. He informed me that they didn't have changing tables. (I was quite baffled and thinking to myself- there are 18 theaters, 2 or 3 different places to buy treats, a huge room for birthday parties, but no changing table. That makes sense!) So I asked him what he suggested I do- lay her on the ground? His response, "probably just take her out to your car- I'm sorry we don't have anything else to offer you." I was so annoyed- I found a little secluded area that looked somewhat clean and set up shop and changed her there. Anywhere that is a public place should have a changing table. Now that I have got that out- we had a blast tonight- the Pizza Factory was as good as ever and UP was super cute!

6 comments:
I'm glad the movie was good. We will have to see it. I grabbed a Scentsy catalogue for you.
I also don't like it when places don't have changing tables. Luckily Ali is pretty good to lay still now, but we have had several interesting diaper changes.
OOOHHH...That is so annoying! It still baffles me when places in UTAH don't have changing tables. This is the kid capital of the world--it's not like we're at an upscale restaurant in New York City.
I am super jealous about the Pizza Factory and movie! Sounds like so much fun!
Have I mentioned that I have never been to the pizza factory. I seriously need to go there.
I HATE it when there are no changing tables. Maybe men designed the buildings. That is all I can think of.
Like it's so hard to screw a table into the wall. Sheesh. I did laugh as I heard your voice in my head asking the man where you should change her. Thanks for the reminder about the Pizza Factory - I haven't been there since college and I do live pretty close.
Seriously the only places I can see NOT having changing tables are bars and night clubs. Everywhere else should be required to! I loved the posts about Brooklyn. What a lovely young lady she is turning out to be.
I agree, Em! I've had to change some pretty nasty numbers in some pretty odd places for this reason. I mean, come on! You can't ignore the fact that there are a lot of kids in diapers out there...and they need to be changed!!
Post a Comment