Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Brooklyn's Birthday

(It's only taken me a week to get this post done) Brooklyn had a FABULOUS birthday. Brooklyn got a new Princess bike for her birthday. She was so excited for it. We wanted to get her a bike last year for her birthday, but she wanted nothing to do with it. (I think she may be the only 5 year old that doesn't know how to ride a bike.) She loves the bike and we have a hard time keeping her in the house and getting her in when it is time. She also had a field trip with her preschool class. For her 2 years of preschool I have gone on every field trip with her. She informed me that she did not want me to fo with her. I have to say I was quite sad. But she had a blast. Before her birthday Sean had asked her if you could do anything or go anywhere you want for your birthday, what would it be. Brooklyn's reply was, "Jenny's bowling alley." (I have to preface this- Sean had the week off of school and work and was really hoping Brooklyn would say Disneyland or something.) She didn't choose Disneyland, instead bowling. My cousin and her husband own the bowling alley in Tremonton and have invited us over so many times. We had a BLAST!! We had lots of good food, fun bowling, and GREAT company! Brooklyn is such a lucky girl- she has so many people that love her. I have tried to help her realize that it doesn't matter how many presents she got or what they are- she has a great support system behind her. Thank you to all our family and friends that took the time to come and support our sweet girl on her Birthday!



My aunt Paula made Brooklyn a Sleeping Beauty cake and we had Princess cupcakes

One spoiled girl

(My friend Rachel and her family showed up at the bowling alley for FHE. It was funny that of all places we would run into each other would be the bowling alley in Tremonton.)



The girls were exhausted when we got home and went straight to bed. At 3:00 in the morning, Gracie woke up and was BURNING up. She had been on an antibiotic for a week- so I knew that this wasn't good. She just layed around all morning and I called the doctors office and they said I should bring her in again. When we got there her temperature was 103.5 and that was on Motrin and Tylenol. The doctor did his exam and said that her ears had healed up from the infection and that she had another infection on top of that in ther left ear. The doctor asked me if she had had a flu shot this year and if anyone else in our family was sick. I told him that she had had a flu shot. He then goes on to ask me if I had heard of the Swine Flu and told me that she had all the signs and symptoms that was leading him to think that she could possibly have that. WHAT!?! So they had to do the AWFUL flu test. It took 10 minutes to get the results back and I was so relieved when he poked his head back in and said it was negative. What a relief. She is on a much stronger antibiotic and is slowly getting back to herself. This has gone on for 2 1/2 weeks now. So I am hopeful that she will be completly over it soon!

5 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

I can't believe she is 5, Happy B-day! It looks like she had a blast, and she definately cashed in on the presents!!!

Melissa Hernandez said...

somehow i missed your post of brooklyn's birth, what a story! I didn't know she was in the nicu, what an amazing story! I love all the pictures of her growing up, so fun to see!

Carley said...

Very cute girl...happy birthday Brooklyn! Looks like she got everything a 5 year old girl would love....Carson still rides his bike with training wheels...we are hoping that will change this summer:) That is so sad about Gracie...wow..I am glad she doesn't have the swine flu...

Natalie said...

Talk about the party of the century! That really was so much fun. You did a great job planning the perfect party. Brooklyn had the time of her life and left feeling like the most important person in the whole world, and that's what birthdays are all about!

Rachel said...

I look like such a GEEK (please tell me I am laughing)!! I was so excited when I saw you guys :) how fun!!
It looked like Brooklyn was having too!