Saturday, April 4, 2009

Trip to the Firestation

On Monday, Brooklyn and I went to the North Logan Fire Department for a field trip with her Preschool class. It was a lot of fun! When we got there they showed us a very informative video- it was a big reminder for me on what to do in case of a fire. After the video we went into the bay and saw the engines and a firefighter put on the full gear. He let the kids come and and touch him to let them know that in case of a fire not to be scared of the firemen. They let all the kids climb in and through 2 of the fire engines- Brooklyn LOVED it. After the tour we were sitting outside having a snack and they pulled the engine out and raised the ladder. Needless-to-say, for Family Night we went over- I say went over like we had one- more like we made our emergency escape route and practiced doing it several times. Brooklyn could have done it all night.

They gave each of the kids a little fire helmet after the tour




I have just got to say that I love my girls!! Tonight we were hanging out while Sean was at the Priesthood Session- both gals had bathed I was in the kitchen cleaning up and came in and found them like this. Brooklyn had put on a Baby Einstein DVD for her and Grace and had lifted Gracie up (kinda scary!) and got them all covered up. Surprisingly, Gracie was actually sitting there enjoying the show with Brooklyn. They are at a really fun stage right now- where they play together and have a lot of fun together. Gracie thinks that everything Brooklyn does is the best and Brooklyn is such a great big sister!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I loved the firestation pics. Brooklyn called me after to find out what we were doing for FHE and informed me that you guys were talking about "very important things" and proceeded to tell me everything to do in case of a fire.

Cute, cute picture of Brooklyn and Gracie snuggling! Now all they need is Gus...

Rachel said...

That is so much fun that they love each other. Hopefully it is always like that.

I just asked Kace if he remembered our escape plan and he said NO. Now we know what we need to do tomorrow!

I'll call you soon......:)

Katie Griffiths said...

Um, I really think you just swapped out pictures of you and Nat as little girls. They seriously look so much like you guys.

Brett and Chelsea said...

We love your girls too! I can't wait for them to come over Wed so we can play! Maybe Gracie will warm up to me before it's time for them to go.... :)
I also wanted to say thanks again for your help with Brett's birthday!