Wednesday, April 22, 2009

WICKED

Teresa (Chelsea's mom), Chels, me, Nat, and Mallory

About 2 years ago my sister was in New York and say the play "Wicked" on Broadway- she raved on and on about how good it was and that we all needed to see it. When we heard it was coming to Salt Lake we decided that we would go. In December tickets went on sale and my awesome dad, sister, cousin Jan, and Nat's sister-in-law went down and stood in line for over 4 hours in the cold to get us tickets!! It was quite the ordeal and they ended up between the 4 of them getting 22 tickets. THANKS guys for standing in the cold and getting us the tickets. We went on the 16th and I have got to say it was WICKEDLY (haha) incredible!! The only thing I knew about this play is that it was from the 2 witches perspective from the Wizard of Oz. Not only was the play extremely entertaining- lots of laughing- it also had a GREAT message of not judging others and people aren't always what you think that they are!

On a side note- Thursdays are like the worst possible day for me to go because Sean has school and can't miss and all my babysitters were going to the play. But we just got tickets for when we could. I was really stressing out over what I was going to do with the gals. Brooklyn has dancing on thursdays- through one of my friends in my ward I was able to get that taken care of- thanks Heather! Sean's mom came over and watched the gals for awhile- the gals had a blast with grandma- thanks Gisele. And then my sweet baby brother came over. He was quite nervous about this, but was able to get both gals in bed. In the middle of the night Brooklyn woke up and said, "me and Brett really had a good time." And then went back to sleep. Thanks Bretty!

I would highly recommend seeing this play if you ever get a chance. It is one of those things that you come out a better person! What a great night!

9 comments:

Carley said...

I have heard nothing but good about Wicked...how fun...I would LOVE to go to something like that! What a sweet little bro you have to watch your gals!

Kami Anderson said...

It was lots of fun. I'm so impressed that Brett was willing to tend the girls.

Atkinsons said...

I am TOTALLY jealous...do you know how long I've been wanting to see Wicked??? SO long! I've read the book and enjoyed it...hopefully I'll get to see the performance!

Natalie said...

I still love that Brett was so nervous about babysitting--especially the diaper changes. Thanks to Chelsea for making him do it. It was such a fun night! Let's do it again. Right...

Brett and Chelsea said...

I'm pretty sure that Brett woke up in the middle of the night and said "Me and Brooklyn really had a good time" that night too! They must of had fun! :)

Melissa Hernandez said...

I'm so jealous, everyone that I have talked to that has seen it says that it's amazing!!! Glad you had a fun gal's night out!

kristen said...

I have heard great things about Wicked. Maybe someday I can convince Tyler to go to something like that :) Your girlies looked so beautiful on Easter by the way. How big they are getting! I love their matching dresses. Sisters are the sweetest. I cherish mine and am glad Halle will have a little sister, even though they might not grow up with too much in common.

Kami Anderson said...

I love the new blog look!!

Shelly Traveller said...

I saw wicked in St. Louis, LOVED IT! I would love to see it again, the songs were stuck in my head for a very long time.