I have had a hard time getting this post done! We had a fantastic Easter Weekend!! We started the weekend off by going to Baby Animal Days at the Historical Farm. The girls loved it! We took Brooklyn 2 years ago and it seemed like there were 2 baby animals, but this year there seemed to be a lot more baby animals. Brooklyn loved them all- but her favorite part was the turtles (that I didn't get a good picture of) and the Easter Bunny. Gracie seemed to enjoy herself as well she wasn't a fan of the baby duck- but LOVED the baby bunnies! It was great weather which was awesome- we had a blast! That night we also dyed Easter eggs and had a fun time doing that!
Brooklyn is quite the poser. She does those all on her own. She has also started a new thing when we take her picture. Where she scrunches up her nose and cheeks. It is funny.
I love these girls they were being so cute when we were trying to get their picture.
And finally- I love the candy and easter baskets and all that as much as everyone else- but I think that it is very important that we recognize the real reason for us celebrating Easter. On the Sunday morning session of conference, Elder Holland gave one of the most powerful talks on the Savior that I think I have ever heard. That talk went right to my heart and strengthened my testimony of the Savior. The week of Easter was a very emotional week for me. The passed several months I have been reading in the New Testament- and in reading that I have grown to love and appreciate my Savior and what he went through on my behalf. And then in the Young Women's we gave the girls a thing called "A Walk with Christ." It goes through the last week of the Savior's life and gives scriptures to read each day and some story to go along with it. On Sunday we had a special Easter lesson and my heart was full. After church our family did a Christ Centered Easter activity and as I was trying to explain to Brooklyn how much our Savior loves her, I lost it and the flood gates opened. (I think that Brooklyn thought I had lost it.) And then I saw this clip on my sister's blog and it is perfect!! Our Savior was betrayed by one of his closest friends, he suffered unimaginable pain in the Garden of Gethsemane for the sins and trials that we all go through, he was ridiculed, had a crown of thorns placed on his head, pierced in the side, and then finally he was crucified! And then after 3 days, the bands of death were broken and he was resurrected. I love my Savior and I know that he lives.






7 comments:
You have the cutest things on your blog...where do you come up with all these fun photo arrangements?
amen!
Brooklyn is so funny, I just laugh every time I see a pose or here the things she says. How do you ever get anything done?!
Fun post! I've yet to delve into my Easter post yet because there's so much. I think I'll end up just posting my favorite pics.
Hopefully we'll see you at the girls soccer game Saturday if this rain ever stops. ;)
Cute pics. I love all the posing. It's funny what they think will be a cute pose.
I Love the picture of Gracie with the baby duck ha ha!! Your girls look adorable and so pretty in their Easter outfits! Very cute pictures!
Thanks for such a great post. Your girls look beautiful in their little dresses and I love all the little baby animal days pics. One of these years I'm going to have to bring my girls down for that. Thanks for your thoughts on Christ as well. I have moments when I'm teaching my kids where I feel like I am "getting it" more than them. I love this stage of life. They are so willing to learn and are so interested in all the little details. I'm glad you guys had a great Easter. :)
i am glad you had a great easter. i don't know how i didn't run into 1 person i knew at baby animal day?? i agree it was much better this year!!
Post a Comment