Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Mullet

I have been debating over whether or not to post this- but decided I wanted to have it documented. The other day I was changing Garrett's diaper and Brooklyn came over and was really checking things out. This is how our conversation went.
Brooklyn: "I really like his mullet."
(Me thinking His What?")
I explain to her that it is his privates- since I HATE the real word.
Brooklyn: "I know. I really like the way it is smashed."
At this point I am trying very HARD not to lose it and die laughing.
And from then on out, every time I change his diaper she is right by my side and tells me she likes his privats. The word "mullet" has a WHOLE new meaning for me.

12 comments:

The Maynards said...

That's hilarious!! It sounds like Brooklyn! I really like your new background.

Shelly Traveller said...

Cute blog! hilarious, where does she come up with these things?

Melissa Hernandez said...

I am going to think of this story every time I see a mullet (the hair do. I thought I better clarify!!)

Clayton and Heidi said...

hahaha. that made me laugh out loud. i too will never look at it the same again!

Seriously you have been missing out on the office!?! I am glad that you have come around and found your sense of humor:)

camigodfrey said...

that is hillarious, i also hate the real words for privates, we will just say bum(you have a front bum and a back bum) for as long as we can.

Chantel said...

That is good! Don't you love the way
kids think. Having Barrett as a dad, my kids know the "real" words, it makes for interesting outings!

Rachel said...

I am dying laughing right now! I think she got her blasted comicalness from her mother! :)

that is almost like Kace telling me dad that the cow has four #@&^%&# (private parts-but the real word) ooops!

Carley said...

I laughed out loud when I read this post...Carson was sitting by me and asked "What mom?" I didn't quite know what to say, so I said "Oh, Brookly just said "mullet"...isn't that funny?" He just looked at me like "What??!"
That's hilarious!

Natalie said...

Brooklyn has had many great comments, but I think this is her finest! The word "mullet" has been forever changed for all of us.

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

I love this story. It will be one to tell her when she gets older.

Rachel said...

I am still laughing, I might have shared this story with a few people!

Monica and Nick said...

Oh my gosh that is halarious, really funny she says whatever is on her mind doesn't she!