Tuesday, September 9, 2008

LOTOJA

On Saturday, my brother Brian participated in the LOTOJA bike race. They ride from Logan to Jackson in one day. Quite impressive. This is his 5th year doing this race. We decided that we would ride up- we see him along the way and then wait for him at the finish line. My sister-in-law Chelsea had got bucked off her horse and kicked in the head the night before and we weren't sure who would end up being able to go. She ended up being okay- besides a goose-egg the size of a baseball on the back of her head and so her and Brett decided they would come. Me and the gals, my mom, dad, Nat and Garrett all went up. We had a blast. Brian was doing way awesome up until Montpelier and then he got very sick to his stomach. We heard later that there were quite a few racers that had to pull out because they were sick, but he perservered through it and finished. I have got to say I can't even ride a bike 1 mile- so to be able to ride 180+ miles in one day is quite amazing to me. Good job B- We are so proud of you. (Besides seeing Brian cross the finishline, the highlight of the day is when we got stuck in a real life cattle drive.)



7 comments:

Shelly Traveller said...

Way to go Brian! His mullet has got to hurt!

Kami Anderson said...

I think finishing the LOTOJA once would be a major accomplishment let alone 5 times. Brian is amazing.

Natalie said...

I loved Shelly's comment. It was such a fun weekend. I'm glad you were able to get over your post-traumatic stress syndrome from your first LOTOJA when you were pregnant and join us again! The cattle drive was great--almost as good as Lonesome Dove!

camigodfrey said...

that is so awsome, im like you, i havent been on a bike in like 10 years. that is some cattle drive!

Brett and Chelsea said...

Gotta love the west... Where else could you get stuck in the a cattle drive in the middle of a highway?!?

Katie Griffiths said...

As I read this, I remembered a time (long ago) when Brian got a new mountain bike and how cool I thought it was. Everyone else had 10-speeds and I think his was the first bike I saw. Great job Brian!

kimbereggl said...

I love the cattle roadblock..classic. Way to go, Brian!!!Wowsa!