We look forward to October every year because that means that the Petersen Deer Camp will be held. I loved going up as a little girl. My parents would let me miss part of or sometimes the whole week of school and go hang out with my dad, grandpa, and uncles. I have so many wonderful memories of that. My gals also LOVE going up. Gracie started asking about 2 weeks before if it was time and asked multiple times daily. Our October has been SO crazy with one thing after the other. We had about 1 day that would work for us to come up and that was Tuesday the 23rd. We woke up that morning to snow!! I knew that if we had snow on the ground in the Valley then Deer Camp had to be pounded on. My dad called and sure enough there was over a foot of snow, since this was the only day we could go I rounded up our warm winter clothes, checked Brooklyn our of school early, and headed up. (Thanks to my mom for watching Ella for my so I didn't have to worry about her being cold up there.) The gals couldn't wait to go on a horse ride. Pops took us on a good ride and Gracie was proud that she rode the horse by herself- with my dad leading her. (I had a proud mama moment watching Brooklyn handling a horse all by herself and Gracie on by herself too.) There is never a lack for food- my dad and Bruce prepared us a delicious feast! The gals had so much fun playing in the snow and building a snowman with Pops and throwing things in the fire! I am so glad that we made it up and had so much fun!! I am especially happy that my gals get to have the opportunity to do things like this and make wonderful memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment