Sunday, January 17, 2010
She has What?
We were going to go to Moab or St. George this weekend, but it just didn't feel like we should. Yesterday Brooklyn woke up and her asthma was terrible and then at noon she got a bowl and said she felt like she was going to throw-up. She then held the bowl the rest of the day- just not feeling well at all. Everyone in my house fell asleep and I headed to my sister's to help paint. I had been there about an hour when Sean calls and tells me that I need to come home and we need to take Brooklyn to Instacare. When she woke up she was in SO pain in her stomach and was holding it and moaning in pain. We got to Instacare about 15 minutes before they closed- I bet they were thrilled to see us! The doctor looked her over and felt her stomach- then he looked at her throat and said it was REALLY red. He asked her it it was sore and she said no. The doctor told me they would do a strep test and if it came back negative then they would do on X-Ray and blood work. I was thinking to myself- let's just start that now- because strep tests hardly ever come back positive. You can imagine the shock I had when he came back in a couple minutes later and said it was positive. I took her in there thinking that maybe something was wrong with her appendix or something and found out she has strep. It was crazy! Now I know why it didn't feel good to go on vacation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Well I was sad that you didn't come down, but I'm glad that you stayed!!
oh man, no fun! I hope she is feeling better, it's so sad to watch your little one's feel pain!
Poor Brooklyn, some times we don't know the reasons for our prompting, but it was good you listened.
poor girl. i hope she is feeling better and that everyone else doesn't get it.
that's sucks. I hope she gets feeling better!
Strep is SO weird...when Carson had it last month, he complained of a sore throat and I thought it was just because of the horrible air because he never had a fever or any other symptoms, but when I took him into the dr....sure enough it was strep...Hope she is doing better now!
Post a Comment