Monday, January 25, 2010

Ice Skating

Brooklyn has a little friend from school that takes ice skating lessons and so for weeks she has been BEGGING us to take her ice skating. We decided we would go for family home evening this week- tonight was the night. We went to the Eccles Ice Arena. We all got skates- they even had them small enough for Gracie- they were so cute. They also had little walkers that the gals could hold onto. Sean thought they needed the helmets- so they wore those too. Gracie lasted 2 laps- she actually enjoyed the 2 she did and then her and Sean watched Brooklyn and I the rest of the time. Brooklyn was really unsure when she first got on the ice. I think that she thought she would be able to go out there and skate like a pro. She wanted to give up, but we wouldn't let her- she finally got the hang of it (holding onto the walker thing) and had a BLAST!! (The lighting in there was really wierd and our camera didn't take the best pictures)

Gracie is all ready to go- cute little skates

Brooklyn is all ready- I made her take the helmet off for this picture

She is such a goof-ball sometimes

At the end she was really enjoying herself and having a lot of fun

We had a fun time skating together. She got to the point she wanted to go do spins on all the circle she saw.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad everyone is feeling better. I think I would probably need one of those walker things too!

Kylene said...

Hallie has been begging me to take her ice skating. I need to find a place up here and do it! Very fun FHE.

ps. YAY for Thursday. I can't wait to see you too.

Kiesha said...

So fun! I think Riley would have a blast! Sam would probably react exactly like Gracie. Good for a couple laps then snuggled the rest of the time. Glad you family was able to enjoy a night out. We need more of those!

Carley said...

Glad to see that the gals are back to their normal happy selves! I am impressed...I don't know what I would do if my kids wanted to go ice skating....I can barely stand on my own 2 feet let alone ice skates!!!!

Katie Griffiths said...

Cole got double runner skates for Christmas - much easier than the single blade. I wish they made them in my size. Looks like a fun night.

kimberly said...

That looks like fun! I bet Ellie would love to go ice skating. She was sad when she didn't get to see Brooklyn and Gracie when everyone came down, but that is good you stayed home with them both getting so sick! Ellie and June have both been sick the past few weeks and it so not fun! I hope everyone is feeling better! I am excited to see pictures of the new baby!

kimbereggl said...

Sorry to hear about your round of sickness at your place. Nice to see everyone is up and going now!