Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Bring it On!
So we thought Brooklyn having strep was bad- although- she never did have a sore throat so that was lucky. We put Gracie to bed last night and Sean and I sat down to enjoy part 2 of the season opener of 24. (On a side note- Gracie has had a cough for the past 4 weeks off and on. And this girl has the most sensitive gag reflexes. Two days ago she was coughing so hard she threw-up 3 different times.) Back to the story- we are about through the first hour and Gracie wakes up coughing. I went in and got her and was shocked to hear awful she sounded from the hour and half earlier when she had gone to bed. She was coughing terribly and sounded like a seal. She fell asleep on Sean and I decided that I would just sleep on the couch with her- I got her all propped up and about an hour later she wakes up coughing and throwing up. This time her breathing sounded horrible. Brooklyn had Croup when she was around this same age and it was the worst illness she had- as far as scaring me. I figured Gracie must have it too. I bundled her up and went and stood outside with her (because the cold air is good for the airways.) I decided that maybe we should take her to the ER because she might need a breathing treatment. But she fell asleep in my arms. She was able to sleep off and on through the night. I think we watched "Shek" (Shrek- she is obsessed!) 2 times. About 6 I realized that she was burning up and decided that I would take her to Instacare when they opened at 8. She woke up at 7:30 coughing, bawling, and was just plain miserable. So I loaded her up and headed to Instacare. I really wanted to see a Pediatrician and ours is out in Tuesdays (of course)- I called the office and I was able to get into another one. Let me just tell you that Gracie is NOT of fan of the doctors office. As soon as we walked in the door she was bawling. She had a fever of 102.7 and it was determined that she does have Croup. She got a dose of a steroid, had her oxygen level tested (it was 97%- Good), got our prescription, and headed home. Her and I laid down and had a nice 4 hour nap. She is currently sleeping- but Croup is worse at night- so please wish me luck! On a good note- I saw BLUE skies today- it was pretty exciting! I hope the inversion stays away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
wow. talk about an exciting week. but not exactly the kind of exciting you want to have. I hope she gets feeling better and you all get some sleep!
Oh poor little girl! I hope that the medications help her and that you and her can get some sleep!
When it rains, it pours. Hope she gets feelings better soon. The steroids worked wonders the one time Annie had it.
Poor Gracie, or should I say poor mom. A lot of our neighbor kids have had it, no fun! Here's to a good nights rest.
I am so sorry...that is no fun...I am just knocking on wood and crossing my fingers like crazy that we can make it through this winter without any major illnessess....good luck...I hope she feels better soon!
I'm with Shelly--poor Gracie, but more poor you! Being a mom of sick kids is no fun at all. You just wish you could be sick for them or know what they're feeling. Hopefully her and Brooklyn are both better soon!
Post a Comment