Wednesday, November 4, 2009

HaLLowEeN

*WARNING: picture overload- I had too many I liked :)

Our computer broke down the week of Halloween so I have lots to get caught up on. We had a fun Halloween this year. The gals were sick the week before and Brooklyn missed 2 days of school but really wanted to go to the Pumpkin Walk with her class so I drove her over. And then we carved pumpkins on Monday for FHE. On Tuesday, our ward had a Trunk-or-Treat (which ended up being inside due to the snow) and a ward dinner. Gracie was in HEAVEN- this girl was born with her mama's sweet tooth and she LOVES candy so to have all these people handing her candy for no reason she was THRILLED! It was so cute to watch her and the permanent smile she had on her face the whole night. Wednesday, Brooklyn got to dress up again and had a Halloween party at dance. Last year, our cute friend Maggie was Minnie Mouse and Brooklyn decided that is what she wanted to be and remembered the whole year- so we got her a darling Minnie Mouse costume and she looked so CUTE in it! I was in Smith's in St. George with my sister-in-law Chels when I saw the cutest little Lady Bug costume for Gracie- of course I had to get it and it accompanied us on the Ragnar. Gracie actually loved her costume and the headband and wore it the whole time. Saturday, we went to Sean's parents house and played with cousins and ate some good food and snacks that Sean's mom had prepared for us. Thank you Gisele for you hard work- we appreciate it. And then we headed to Kami and Kyle's for the annual Petersen/Anderson Halloween festivities. Kyle had made a delicious chili and Kami made her scrumptious cinnamon twists (which I might add are to die for- just typing about it make me want one right now!) I think I ate about 25 of them. Jan made her usual "Witches Brew" which is homemade rootbeer and the kids were in heaven. Thanks Kami and Kyle for letting us party at your place. With all the parties we went to we ended up with a TON of candy and it has been fun trying to ration it out. I am sad that Halloween has come and gone- but now we have Thanksgiving to look forward to.

Brooklyn doing some Jedi Training at the Pumpkin Walk

She wanted a picture in every single one of these cutouts

Gracie didn't quite know what to think of the whole pumpkin carving

While Sean worked hard on the carving- I was making this delicious carmel cinnamon popcorn- that Sean told me was the best thing I had ever made besides the girls. :)

Gracie climbed up on Sean

Brooklyn took the carving VERY seriously

The finished results- the one on the end Brooklyn did all by herself and it had a cute little face on it- on the back she had also written "Em" and was very proud of it.

Trunk-or-Treat

Gracie in heaven with all the candy

Her little wings that were so cute and she actually left them on

Miss Minnie

My cute gals

I love this picture of Sean with his girls

Cousins at the Maynard's (not too easy trying to get a picture)

This is a classic picture! Brooklyn trying to take care of Garrett- him hating the dog head on- and Gracie trying to get a wrapper off of candy as quickly as possible!

Garrett, Brooklyn, Gracie, and Porter

"Witches Brew"

9 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

cute cute pict's, love the costumes!! And hello, you can't tease us with the story of the most amazing popcorn ever-and not share the recipe!!!

Shelly Traveller said...

Looks like a great Halloween, those pictures are darling! I love that their bag matched to boot!
I agree with Melissa, next post popcorn recipe!

Kylene said...

Recipe please?? Such fun pictures. Miss Minnie is a doll face. What fun costumes on both your girls.

The Maynards said...

The girls looked so cute in their costumes! I agree with needing to share the recipe.

Carolee Brown said...

What cute little girls. I had the mom Minnie to match I wish I would have know.

Kiesha said...

I want your recipe! It already has my mouth watering. Your girls had adorable costumes! And very brave of you to let Brooklyn go to town on her pumpkin. Riley is just so clumsy that I've yet to break out the carving knives. Plus the girls LOVE to paint their pumpkins so as long as their content... :)

Brett and Chelsea said...

Gotta love Halloween! the girls were adorable once again....

Chantel said...

Your girls are getting so big!! They looked SO cute in their costumes too :)

Atkinsons said...

What a fun time! The girls look adorable in their costumes! The girls with Sean is definitely so precious!