Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Big Girl!

We reached a major milestone in our house this past sunday. Gracie had her first day and possibly last day (for awhile) in the nursery. She did really well. I stayed with her for a couple minutes and then snuck out and they said she went from thing to thing and had a good time. I checked on her once and she was cuddling with the nursery leader and they said she fell asleep on him. Sean and I debated if we should send her or not because after having her sick for 2 straight months we were enjoying having her healthy. (And when Brooklyn was in nursery she would go on sunday and on wednesday she would be sick.) This is probably a total coincidence- but she woke up sunday night and I thought that she felt fevered. I had told Brooklyn that I would take her to the pool on monday and was planning on taking Gracie. But- monday she was super onery and fevered so I didn't take her (thanks mom and Paula's clan for taking her!) Brooklyn and I had a great time at the pool and when I got to my car there was a message on my phone from Paula saying that Gracie was really sick. She was fevered and just miserable. She slept well and yesterday woke up very fevered and started pucking. I had the honor of being puked on 3 times and Sean once. So far today she woke up happy and isn't fevered. So to make a long story short- I think that we will keep her away from the nursery for a little while. Lucky for me my aunt Paula's ward overlaps ours and she takes Gracie home when they are done! But- it was a great milestone for her and us!

I just love those dimples!

She did not want a picture taken and was not cooperating

This picture cracks me up. She was eating an Oreo and got messy so Sean got the camera out to take her picture and as soon as she saw the camera- this is the face she made. Silly girl!

12 comments:

The Mursets said...

Yikes! Sorry you gut puked on and that she got so sick! That is terrible!

The Maynards said...

Those are really cute pictures! Sorry she got sick again. Hopefully she will just stop getting sick!

Kami Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kami Anderson said...

Mom will be thrilled there won't be more nursery. On the way home Sunday she said she hoped Gracie didn't like it :) I think she enjoys their Sunday afternoons together. I love the new blog design

Melissa Hernandez said...

I will be honest, I am not a big fan of nursery AT ALL!! I never think it's a coincidence when they come home sick...it's like a breeding place for germs!!! Isabella still won't go by herself (one of the nursery leaders terrifies her, I will have to tell you the story in person, it's a crack up!) Sorry about the sickness, it's so hard to see our babies sad and grumpy, hope everyone is feeling better! Loven the oreo face!

Carley said...

She is such a cute girl....where did the last 18 months go...that is crazy?!? Amazingly my kids have not ever had sickness issues (or me when I was a nursery teacher for years) in nursery, but it is totally understandable why you would want to keep her away from it....I just hope I am just as lucky with our next one:)

Natalie said...

I LOVE that dress she is wearing. It seems like we got that forever ago, and I'm so glad it finally fits her. She is so cute! That poor little stinker--maybe you should just take her on a tropical vacation away from all people and germs for a few weeks!

Michelle said...

Oh that's sad she's sick! I hope she gets better soon! Easton is sick too and I was lucky enough to catch the nasty virus too! Nursery is the worst! I practically bathe Easton in sanitizer when it's over.

Brett and Chelsea said...

That girl needs to stay healthy! She's too darn cute to be grumpy! She's growing up so fast! We miss you guys!

Katie Griffiths said...

Last Sunday night the primary president called to tell me a little girl in Sunbeams, who had been at church, was diagnosed with swine flu in the afternoon. Come on people - stay home!

Rachel said...

She is seriously so blasted cute! Your hair is getting SO LONG!!!

kimbereggl said...

Isn't that the worse? About mid-week Kjeaton gets sick too...so then he's home from church for a week and the cycle just starts over! And Gracie looks so cute in her little brown dress..what a doll.