Grandma feels it is VERY important for the gals to have a new outfit for the 4th- and I agree! (Thanks mom for the cute dresses) Gracie spent the majority of her time pushing the lawn mower around or her favorite- the little stroller.
The golfers- Brooklyn looked so cute trying to golf. Since we got home, Sean went to the D.I. and bought her a pair of golf clubs- that she loves!
This girl keeps us on our toes. She would get too cold so she would have to put on this robe and then get wet again. The best was when she came out with the goggles on.
We found out the Gracie DOES NOT like swimming- last year when she was 7 months she couldn't get enough of it- this year she started screaming the second she got in. She did like to walk around- just not to close to the pool. Brooklyn of course loved every second of it and we couldn't get her out.
She also loved the beach. We didn't even bother taking Gracie with us because she cannot stand when anything gets on her feet. So the sand would have been a nightmare. It was windy a good share of the time we were there and as I am taking this picture I am wrapped up in 2 towels.
I think I got this visor at Yellowstone when I was Brooklyn's age- we looked over and this is how Gracie had put it on. She is also holding a cup that had to have ice in it at all times. It kept her occupied for a good share of the trip.
In Montpelier, there is an Oregon Trial center and we decided to drive over and check it out. We went on a simulated cover wagon ride. I would not have like riding in one of those bad boys.Brooklyn loved it- Gracie not so sure.
On Friday we came home straight to the American Cancer Society Relay for Life. I think this is our 6th or 7th one. It is such a great event that raises money for cancer research. This is our team (minus a few) Team ABCP. I lost both of my dear Grandparents on the Petersen side to cancer. My Grandma to Colon Cancer and my Grandpa to Pancreas- so research is VERY important to our family. Our team has had 5 people effected by cancer- 4 have passed away and we have 1 survivor. My cousin Janalee found out a month or 2 ago that her cancer is in remission. This is why we relay and have such a great time doing it! (Again we had such a great time that I didn't hardly take my camera out of the bag)
This is our survivor! They always have a survivor lap and it is very humbling to see all the survivors from old down to little 1-2 year olds.
Gracie and Brooklyn had the time of their lives. Last year- it was freezing and I had Gracie in a snowsuit- it was perfect weather this year.
Brooklyn wanted to get her face painted. We tried to talk her into getting something small- but this is what she picked a butterfly.
My cousin Lori and her sister Melissa cut off 10 inches of their hair to donate to Locks of Love.




8 comments:
How fun i love Bear Lake even though the water is ALWAYS cold! I love your girls dresses they look so cute, also the picture of you and your girls is adorable.
What a fun-filled week you guys had. I wish I could have stayed through the week. Work really interferes with my life. I wish you were coming to Yellowstone with us.
What a fun time! You look beautiful and your girls are just precious! Seriously one of these years the timing will work out so that we can come to the relay...hopefully:)
Isa hates things in her toes too....they would get along so well together!! Looks like so much fun, I love the lake!! And, too funny our girls had matching 4th of July outfits, we have the same taste!!!
I love Bear Lake. Wish I could stay there for a whole week...that would be awesome.
other awesomenesses...relay for life and 24.
Look how big your girls are getting!! It looks like you guys have been having a fun filled summer :)
So gald to finally have an update. We're sad we missed the 4th again but hopefully we'll be there next year. We're so excited to come home and see the kids again. They are getting so big.
Your hair is so long! I love it!!!
When I think about bear lake I remember when we went up there and had the show down with the soph. girls. haha
Post a Comment