On saturday the 27th I went down to Salt Lake with my mom, Nat, Chels, Kami, Jan, and we met Sher for shopping, eating, and attending the Relief Society Broadcast. It was a FABULOUS day! Being in the Conference Center is always amazing to me. What an awesome building. I loved the meeting and the talks. I walked away from the meeting feeling proud to be a woman in this church and a member of the Relief Society. I also walked away with more determination to attend the temple regularly. We are so blessed to have a Temple 20 minutes away- in a talk I can't remember her last name, but her first is Silvia- talked about how a group of them traveled from I believe Costa Rica and at the time the closest temple was in Mesa, Arizona. They drove in very uncomfortable buses for 5 days straight. A lot of the people going to the temple made great sacrifices to get there and didn't have hardly any food to eat on the way and while they were there. My mom pointed out to me that our ancestors made too many great sacrifices on our behalf to help build the Logan and Nauvoo Temple- and I will be doing better in making it to the temple. I will also be a stronger woman in the Relief Society. If you didn't have a chance to make it to the broadcast, I would highly reccomend reading the talks- they were very uplifting.
Brooklyn meeting Big Blue.
Go Aggies!
Girl's Day in SLC. My mom, Sher, Me, Jan, Chels, Nat, and Kami.
5 comments:
Those pictures are so stinkin cute!
Are you coming tonight? I can go for a little bit but then I have to go to my "high school reunion"
Girls nights (days even better) are the best!! I think us girls should take an entire Sat. to ourselves and go to Layton...we deserve it!...christmas shoppin?
You have got to teach me how to change my background....yours is always SO cute and SO festive....I love how you change for all of the seasons!
It is so true...I need to go to the temple more often too...the first thing on my list I need to do is get my recommend renewed!
Cute! remember when we would fight over byu/usu!
Did they sit good during the entire game?
Brooklyn was so cute running down the street to hug "Big Blue". I was so caught up in the moment that I didn't get a good picture and I could have gotten a dang cute video. BUT I did enjoy the moment! The girls are growing up so fast. I love just sitting and watching them.
Post a Comment