Shopping til' you drop ( I lined the bottom of the cart with clothes I was going to buy and covered her up with the rest.)
Another fun tradition my family has this time of year is the Deer Hunt. Every year the 3rd weekend in October the deer hunt opens. The guys head up Franklin Basin and set up camp. Although, I don't know if I really consider it camping. They have 2 huge army type tents. One is for cooking with 2 long picnic tables, 2 camp chefs, a big grill, and a big food box. The other tent is for sleeping- it is lined with cots with thick foam pads and even air mattresses. In both of these tents there are heaters so there is no going cold. There is even a shower tent. (Sad to say I didn't even get a picture of any of this). We went up 2 nights this year for dinner. (We didn't dare stay with the girls.) We had a BLAST. I must say the women are treated like royalty up there. The men make dinner AND do the dishes- it is super nice. We got to ride horses and 4-wheelers- Brooklyn was in Heaven. Gracie did well although she wanted to be on the ground crawling. Thank you so much pops and the other guys who treated us so nicely up there- we love you!
One of the more exciting days of Brooklyn's life happened on Oct. 24. High School Musical 3 came out. I have mentioned before how Brooklyn is OBSESSED with HSM. She tells people Troy is her husband and she is Gabriella and on and on. Us, my aunt, and cousins all went to the show. We had a blast and Brooklyn loved it. We asked her what her favorite part was and she said, "The Boys are Bad (instead of Back), being Gabriella (she really thinks she is), and of course seeing Troy." That night when I was tucking her in she said, "Mom I need to tell you a secret- Troy is sure a cutie!"
Another month has passed and my little Gracie is 10 months. She has reached many milestones in this past month. She says 3 words, "Mama, Dada, and baba." She waves "Bye-Bye." She started giving kisses- I love her slobbery kisses. And she started taking her first steps. Doesn't she realize she is my baby and is supposed to hold off on this? It is sure amazing watching her grow and develop and seeing her reach these milestones.




12 comments:
That was a fun read! :) I think Nate should go hunting like that, I would probably be more okay with it and even go a little more often.
PS in response to your comment on my blog.....I don't think that 'crap' was the word kim used that night when nate proposed!!! :) definitely fun times
The scarecrow outfit suits you Sean.
Tyler
What a busy month! We wanted to try the American Heritage Center this year, but we never got around to doing it, maybe next year!!!
It's about time you updated! I've been waiting anxiously. It has been such a fun month! Deer Camp is the best. I'm still bummed I missed HSM 3. I'll have to take Brooklyn and catch it again.
I have been anxiously waiting for a new post. Fun times were definitely had at all the events mentioned. Gracie is really growing up too fast.
Emily how r u? I cam across your blog and wanted to say hi. Looks like you are staying busy and having fun with your girls, they are soooo cute and Gracie look just like you. Anyways you can check out my blog! www.whiteheads-germany.blogspot.com How's everything in Utah?
WOW and I thought our month has been crazy busy! I love the picture of Gracie in the shopping cart.
Wow! You have been busy! How fun though! Men cooking and doing the dishes huh? Maybe I should come up one of these years and see if for myself!
em i loved having brooklyn at our little family halloween party the other night! your girls are so cute!
That pic of Gracie cracks me up! I've felt that tired before but don't think I'd fit in a shopping cart. :)
My nieces when to HSM3 without me. I was sooo upset. Like I will EVER get Clayton to take me!
Can I be considered family next time you guys go to Park City? I love Park City!
I love the shop til you drop pic! She is so cute!
Hallie and I went and saw HSM3 and she LOVED the Boys are Back too! She loved it when Troy and Chad came out as little kids. She told me later that was her favorite part. :)
I'm glad you guys had a good month. Thanks for the update.
Post a Comment