Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Getting Caught Up

What a crazy couple of weeks we have had. On the 1st I called my mom and she told me that her cousin MaryAnn (who I call my aunt) was on vacation and had a terrible pain attack and had to go to the hospital and through a cat scan something was found on her kidney. My mom felt like she should go down and so I offered to go with her. I frantically started looking for my friend Kara's phone number because she lives in St. George and me and the gals would need a place to stay. Sad to say I hadn't fully unpacked from Island Park so I started throwing more stuff into a suitcase and was ready in about a halfhour. My mom and I and my girls headed down. We decided to stay in Beaver that night because it had gotten late and the gals had had it. That night Brooklyn was playing with Gracie and rolled off the bed. I was in the bathroom getting ready for bed and my mom yelled into me that Brooklyn had fallen off the bed and was bleeding. I go running in and sure enough from her stitches was bleeding. I thought for sure that they would not take the stitches out the next day. We went by the hospital in St. George and they did take them out and butterflied it up. (we are still waiting for that to fall off so we can see what it looks like). Brooklyn did pretty well. A little bawling, but nothing like getting them in. Since she was so brave we told her she could get a treat. We went to Target and went through every toy isle. Of course EVERYTHING she saw she wanted, but finally decided on a cheerleader dressup. MaryAnn ended up having surgery and we are hoping and praying the problem has been fixed. She was in pretty bad shape for a few days. But, slowly on the mend. We were able to see our good friend Roy and go to dinner with him a few times. I was able to see and stay with my friend Kara that I hadn't seen for about 4 years. We had a blast!! Thanks Scott, Kara, and Dane for letting us invade your home and stay with you! The gals and I got home on thursday and on friday Sean and I and the girls went to Bear Lake until tuesday. We did a lot of R & R (well as much as you can do with 2 kids), got snowcones, went for drives, and rented a waverunner and had a day of fun on the lake! I am sad to think that summer is almost over- we have had a full, fun-filled summer!


After the stitches came out- the butterfly. Her cheerleader dress-up for being so brave.

We had so much fun in St. George with Kara and Dane. It was so DANG hot!

Our day of fun at Bear Lake

(We did not go out without life jackets- this is for picture only. Gracie didn't get a ride, however Brooklyn loved it. Especially when we saw some fish right at the top of the water.)

(Gracie loved the beach- especially eating the sand.)

10 comments:

Kiesha said...

Goodness! Sounds like Brooklyn is just trying to help make your insurance deductable this year. :) I had to laugh when I saw the last pic of Sean floating in the water. It almost looks like he's buck-naked. LOL! Hope the rest of your summer isn't quite as "eventfull".

Kami Anderson said...

O so fun!! Are you planning on staying home for a little while now? I really don't like it when I go for more than a day or two without seeing the girls. You have spoiled me by living so close.

Natalie said...

I love the old "Swinger" cooler in the background. That reminds me of Grandma Ila. I'm so glad you guys had fun, but I'm with Kami, I really missed you while you were gone! I'm so glad you guys had such a fun time. The waverunner looks so fun! Remember last year (or maybe the year before) when we rented a boat and Derk ended up waterskiing in his clothes? That was funny!

Brett and Chelsea said...

We're sorry to hear about Mary Ann, but glad to hear she's on the mend. The gals are getting so big, brooklyn looks adorable in her cheer out fit, and gracie is a cute as ever. Can't wait to see you guys in nine days (single digits!)

Melissa Hernandez said...

Brooklyn probably thinks the fall was worth it, now that she has a cool cheerleader outfit!! I feel so bad about bumps and bruises with these little ones. Isa biffed it Tuesday and had the BIGGEST goose ache on her head that I have ever seen, it breaks your heart. Well, atleast you got some R&R in!

Kara Jorgensen said...

Thanks for coming down! It was so dang good to see you! I didn't realize how much I missed you! Your girls are darling! Feel free to invade my home anytime!

Rachel said...

we like eating sand at our house too! You guys sound like you are having a fun/busy summer!

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

WOW!! You guys have been traveling a lot lately. Lucky you! I bet your summer has been really fun. See you on THursday!

Atkinsons said...

Hey Emily. It's good to see what you guys are up to. I can't believe how much your kids resemble the two of you. Cute kids! Anyway, I hope things are going well for you guys. Tell Maynes "Hey Maynes!" for me.
-Shawn

kristen said...

Sounds like you guys have had a fun summer! I can't believe it's almost over already. Glad to hear Brookly is doing well with her stitches. She's a tough little cookie. Gracie is as adorable as ever!