All done
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Poor Brooklyn
We had a VERY traumatic night last night. I had tucked Brooklyn into bed and was on my way out of the bedroom, shutting the door behind me. I didn't realize she was right behind me and she walked right into the shutting door. (Yes I feel like mother of the year. Acutally I felt so AWFUL) As soon as I heard it, I thought, "Oh no." She was in a panic cry and I looked and just saw blood coming down her face. Immediately I got her into the bathroom and put a washcloth to her forehead so she wouldn't see the blood. When I looked at the cut I knew she would need stitches. I called Sean and he couldn't hear what I was saying because Brooklyn was crying so hard and heard " Brooklyn and stitches." He came home and Kami and Paula came up to sit with Gracie and we headed to the ER. When the doctor saw it he said it would need 3 or 4 stitches. (Which just about sent Brooklyn over the edge.) Sean's brother Keith lives close to the hospital and he was nice enough to come up and help Sean give Brooklyn a blessing which helped calm her (and me down). We had the sweetest nurse that was SO good with Brooklyn. She was explaining what they were going to do so nicely and Brooklyn was under control. I wish I could say the same about Sean and I. I was sitting on the bed holding Brooklyn with tears and I looked over and saw that Sean had the exact same look on his face. It was so hard because I would have done anything to trade places with her. When time came for stitches it was BRUTAL. Sean, the nurse, and I had to hold her down as the doctor stitched (she ended up getting 3 stitches). She was screaming and bawling and yelling. But after it was done she was just fine and slept good last night and had a great day today. She got to go to lunch with the gals and then go and hang out with grandma, pops, Nat, Garrett, and Gracie. Tonight I had to take the bandage off and clean the area and I think that it looks pretty good. I hope she doesn't have a nasty scar.
The bandage from the hospital (she did her own hair today and wouldn't let me touch it.)
With the bandage off
I had to clean it with baby soap
We had to make sure it was dried, put ointment on it, and bandage it again (we get to do this twice a day for 5 days and then she will get the stitches out on sunday.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
OH Em how Sad! I'm sure it was BRUTAL! Send Brooklyn my love!
don't feel too bad I dislocated Carley's and Kristen's elbows when they were about 2 years old, no child abuse just dumb luck. The pictures of Yellowstone are great, I especially like the before and after picture of the cabin, from rags to riches. Gracie has the famous Petersen roll, they do grow out of it eventually, give Brooklyn our love c/ya soon Claudia
Ohhh, what a trooper! She still looks absolutely adorable, even with a boo boo!
I remember Mom doing the same thing to Janalee with the front door when she was about the same age. I'm glad she is feeling better and back to herself.
That is so sad....and no fun! I am sure it will heal well...I don't know of too many kids without a gash in their forehead and it always seems to get to the point where it is invisible. Give her a big hug for us!!!
I'm glad that our little friend is back to her usual self! She was so funny at lunch/dinner yesterday!! love ya! :)
Oh what a horrible mother! :) I can tell you about horrible. The day I quit working to stay at home with my kids, Dylan broke his elbow and the day after he got that cast off, he was playing with some friends and broke the bottom of his foot!! I thought for sure social services was coming to visit me!! I hope all is well with her forehead and I'm sure it will heal well. She does look soooo cute with the stitches though!!!
Our Dearest Little Brooklyn... it was bound to happen sometime sooner or later, just didn't think it would happen like this. She's a crazy girl. We miss you guys. Make sure that you give Brooklyn LOTS of kisses and hugs from us so she'll heal before we get home.
I'm so proud of Brooklyn for being so brave. She's a cute little trooper! I'm actually quite surprised she made it 4 years before having stitches. Our family is quite accident-prone!
Like Kami said I did the same thing to Janalee when she was about Brooklyn's age. I remember how bad I felt. Brooklyn was so brave. I am glad we live close so we can help you out when you need us.
Wow, I really can't believe how much Brooklyn looks like Nat & Em! It totally brings me back to my childhood....when Nat crashed on her bike and had stitches in her head.
btw, I don't remember who JTT was??? And I will leave a good memory of you since the one I left wasn't the nicest....I remember you stepping on a porcupine while we were pulling rye. And I remember our fashion show in your grandma's basement. And were you there when we watched Dirty Dancing? :) And kept rewinding a certain part?
Oh my gosh! It was like de ja vu for me as I read this. What is it with the ER lately?!! I'm so glad she's okay. I can honestly say, I know how you feel. It is absolutley miserable seeing your children hurt. I'm glad she's okay.
How sad, I can't believe they let her sit a cry and bawl like that. When Ty cut his nose open they gave him the date rape drug and put him out of it for about five minutes and then he woke up when they were finished stitching him up. How awful to have to watch her suffer like that.
ps you are a great mom, when kids are put in bed the should STAY there (i say that EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!)
Now she'll have a really cool scar to show all the boys how tough she is! :)
Oh! Poor Brooklyn! I guess we'll all get our turn with stitches eventually--don't feel bad! Glad it all turned out for the good!
So sad!! Sometimes it really sucks to be a mom. Nothing is harder than seeing your child in PAIN!! I have been there done that and I really feel for you!! It happens to ALL moms...you are still a GREAT mom!! Good luck with the stiches...I am sure it will become a fight after a few days.:)
how awful, im so sorry, i cant imagine having to hold her down and watching her cry, i would have been sobbing also. great pictures of your yellowstone trip, i love the pics of you and your girls, brooklyn is looking so much like, and gracie still looks like brett.
Post a Comment