Friday, July 18, 2008

A walk down memory lane...

This is so fun!
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

13 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

Don't you love this game. I remember High School. Were we not just the biggest nerds (and I mean that in the funnest crazy way). We had such good times. Slurpees and NAchos at midnight! I remember sitting next to you in mrs. falslev's class and we totally would not pay attention and we would try to analyze the hole Sean situation, and wether or not you should keep dating him. I think he had kissed that crazy Sophmore, remember..we sat there and analyzed how dumb the whole thing was and how bad we hated that girl! I don't even remember who she was!! ohhh,, High School! But I agree, the best memories are lately. All of our awesome girls night outs, lots of food and lots of laughter. I am sooooo glad all of are friends are still here for each other!! Hopefully we keep making lots and lots of more memories for 50 more years!!!!

Chantel said...

Your memories made me laugh! I remember when we tried to hatch eggs too. What were we thinking. I loved having you work at Shopko with me, it made the time go faster. Remember when we would go and get "lunch" together? I also loved when we moved back to Utah and we got to have our girls play together. Thanks for being such a good friend!

Rachel said...

GEEZ, where to start (I feel like you must have felt!) I remember.......singing to monster ballads at the top of our lungs with the windows down, going to subway and planet juice before games, laughing on the phone for hours and hours, y. conference at RICKs-the dance mostly! hehe Our scheming to get someone to not like someone else, singing at sean's farewell, when he got set apart. Watching that baseball show (dang it, now I can't remember what it's called, but it has kevin costner in it) when I was feeling sad and eating ice cream with you...DUMB BOYS! Our apt. enough said! Oh, scheming what we were going to write in people's yearbooks (that was a LONG phone call!)
I could go on and on! You are the best, love ya!

camigodfrey said...

i remember so many girls camps with you. do you remember when we thought we were picked to do some modeling? i remember playing lots of night games at your house. i loved when we played yw softball. i remember hitching rides home with you and katie and kim when i was too young to drive and refused to ride the bus, who does that.

Marlee Anderson said...

Hey Em,
Remember when we went to Mendon to see the fireworks and we were a week early? And to top it off we hit a cat!

Shelly Traveller said...

Good times! Good times! The booger club, walks to the store for pizza and a shake, the Summer swimming Olympics in our backyard. Riding with you to school, staying at your cabin in Bear Lake, late night walks, crying over boys, Girl's choice dance, your wedding reception beautiful, seeing you with Brooklyn in the hospital priceless. Girls camp and YW. We sure had a fun childhood. I'm so glad we were/are frends!

Katie Griffiths said...

Oh the good old days! I remember playing dolls, our tree house club, jumping on your trampoline and your dad teaching us all to do back flips, Murky Lurky at camp (I LOVE that picture), nights games, coming down to see your Christmas presents every year...so many things. We really had a great childhood. Another big memory I have is from the time we were skiing and Heather and I made you go down through the trees first. I still remember the quietness when you landed and then when you did make noise, it clearly wasn't good! I still feel bad every time I'm at the Beav and pass by that little grove of trees.

kristen said...

Em,
How could I ever forget the summers I would spend at your house and the hours and hours we would spend playing night games, "college" or having the olympics in your backyard? I also remember singing "With or Wihout You" at the top of our lungs on the way home from Newton town ski night at least 20 times. Good times!

Carley said...

I remember kicking you during one of our gold medal Olympic events...sorry 'bout that!

Kylene said...

I remember you and Sean in high school. We all knew you'd get married! I remember lots of talks about Odie and Sean and how we were doing our best to keep those boys on TRACK!

I remember seeing you at a performance of "Joseph" at the Ellen Eccles theater and you were pregnant with Brooklyn. I remember telling you that you looked so cute and you rolled your eyes and informed me you felt like crap and had retained a bunch of water and were miserable. We both laughed. I remember watching you walk away and I thought, "I want to be pregnant too...even if it is crappy." I love all our recent memories too. Girls night outs, baby showers, high school reunion, etc. Thanks for being such a great friend Em.

kimbereggl said...

Remember Aggie football games with your dad, grandpa, and other various family members. Just have one thing to say..."That was awesome!" (with one thumb in the air...)

Karlee Christiansen said...

I was going to leave Murky Lurky...looks like Katie beat me to it. I will have to go with our scandelous game of "The Cube." I also remember you telling Natalie to do the dishes for you. Natalie said "Make me." You then grabbed her hair and pulled her over to the sink. I wathed in awe. Clearly the first and only time she told you no.

Natalie said...

WOW! This is overwhelming. Where do I start? How many sisters are lucky enough to be 18 months apart and very best friends? I remember sleeping in our bunkbeds, putting books in our bums when we were going to get spanked, being so sad on your birthday because you got presents and I didn't, playing "College", our cool pink Barbie convertible, our Troll collection, school shopping trips, hanging out at the Whatcotts, sleeping in the same bed (up until you moved out), wanting to share a room even when we were teenagers and could have had our own, our late night chats, the "Clue" game, "Guess Who", scratching your back, you being so nice to me and driving me to school my sophomore year and showing me all of my classes.

I remember you crying on the floor after Sean left on his mission--"I just couldn't leave!" I have very fond memories of our bedroom becoming a shrine to Sean! I remember picking up your wedding ring to give to Sean and getting to wear it before you did! I remember every detail of your wedding--you were so beautiful and it was such a magical day.

I remember you surprising me and coming to my college graduation--even though you were nine months pregnant and had toxemia. I'll never forget being in the hospital with you after Brooklyn was born and falling in love with her. It was so fun being pregnant with Gracie and Garrett together. I will never forget your face when I told you I was finally pregnant with Garrett.

Most recently, I know I will NEVER forget you staying in the delivery room and being my coach with Garrett. Greg was so sick and I wondered what I was going to do and how I was going to make it without him, and I was so relieved when you offered to stay and help me. I remember you holding my hand and telling me over and over again that I could do it. It was so hard after I had been pushing for two hours and he kept getting stuck. I wanted to just give up, but you were amazingly calm and just kept telling me I could do it and it was going to be okay. I know I never could have made it through that without you!

"Thanks sisto!" I LOVE YOU!