Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Week of Bear Lake Fun!



Every year since I can remember, my dad has had the whole week of the 4th off and we go up to the cabin. This year we did the same. My parents had a wedding in Vegas and came straight home and went on the Trek with their Ward. So my sister and I were in charge of getting all the groceries. What a job. I have such a new appreciation for my parents and vacation planning- it is a BIG job. Me and the gals went up on the 28th of June and stayed until the 5th of July. Sean was able to come up on Wednesday. We do a whole lot of nothing when we are over there. It is a ton of fun. Paula's family and our friend Karen were also up with us. We did go swimming a couple times and that was a blast. And Pops even performed at the pool with his legendary canonballs. It was so cute to see the all the little kids in the pool chanting "cannonball, cannonball!" Then after he came up they all cheered- it was GREAT! Brooklyn got to go golfing with Sean and Pops and even got to drive the cart- she was thrilled. On the 4th we had an amazing cook-out- thanks dad and Ric- is was delicious! We had such a great week. I have such an amazing family (and Karen) that are all willing to help with my kids and have such great patience with them. Thank you so much for your help! My cousin Jan had brought a bag of fun things up for Brooklyn. Brooklyn had to be a good girl to get the treats- so it was great motivation for her to be on her best behavior. Thanks Jan for that-it was a life saver!!! Thanks mom and dad for all the vacations you planned for us growing up and all the hard work you put forth in making us have a GREAT childhood. I hope that I can pass that on to my kids as well. I love you guys! I love the month of July and the opportunity we have to honor those who have made it possible for us to live in this wonderful country. And also to remember the pioneers. Their endurance and perserverance is such a great example to me. I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe month of July!

13 comments:

Shelly Traveller said...

I remember the cabin! It was a great time! I'm sure it was a blast.

Mindy M. said...

I love all the pictures!! WOW ~ I can't stand how cute all three of those darling grand babies are. I bet your parents can't get enough of them!! I love the picture of them in their Yee-Haw hats!! I also love the picture of Gracie in her first swimsuit and all those cute little 'rolls'. Fun times as a family make the best memories!!!

Katie Griffiths said...

Looks like you had a good time. I guess it's always a success when there are no mishaps with the fireworks:)!

Unknown said...

It looks like you had SO much fun!! Your girls are too cute.

Paula said...

I love the slide show. It was so great being at Bear Lake with everyone. I had never stopped to think about it, but I love the month of July also. One of my favorite memories is going to be listening to Gracie's giggling when she watched the fireworks in our driveway and Brooklyn's excitement over everything! I love those girls, what a wonderful blessing it is to me to have them and Garrett in my life. OH! and of course, their wonderful parents also.

Melissa Hernandez said...

I love family traditions!! It sounds like you had an awesome vacation. I love when I get to spend a few days stuck in the same house with family, where you just veg out, play games, and have no schedule!! Sooo fun!! Who is in charge of girls night this month? Is it about time?

Rachel said...

I have great memories at the cabin too! Fun times! My mom went on the trek too.....I know I say this every time, but Gracie is growing so big and has changed so much in the past month.

camigodfrey said...

that sounds like a blast, we are going up to bear lake this weekend to kari's old cabin, im excited to hang out on the beach and do nothing. so, we spanked your hubby's team last night, tell him we are even now! he played great though. he must work with my soon to be brother-in-law, jared.

camigodfrey said...

hey, tell sean i know just how he feels, that is why i don't pitch anymore(at least in co-ed) also, and thats why i let the extremly fast grounders go right by me or right through my legs, im scared they will pop up and cut my chin open.

Kami Anderson said...

We really did have a great time. It's neat that we all get to spend so much time together. Thanks to you and Nat for sharing your kids with us, since none of the Anderson children have provided Mom & Dad with any grandkids yet.

Natalie said...

That was one of our best Bear Lake trips ever. I've watched your slide show about 50 times and ready for a new post! (Because I know you have nothing else yo do.)

kimberly said...

Your pictures are so cute! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. It was good to say hello to you guys on our way out. We had a lot of fun. Your little girls are both so beautiful! Gracie is so cute and chubby! I love it. I wish I could get ellie to put on some pounds.

Carley said...

It was seriously SO much fun to hang out with you guys! I am so glad that I FINALLY got to meet Gracie...what a cutie and Brooklyn is such a sweetheart! We look forward to staying close with you guys! You are the BEST!