Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt #2,3 & 4

The week of Easter ended up being Spring Break so on Wednesday, we went to Sean's grandparents for Easter festivities. And as usual they spoiled us and the gals rotten. The gals got to dye eggs and have a fantastic egg hunt! I am sad I missed getting a picture of it, but they also got to ride the tractor with Sean's grandpa- I think Brooklyn spent more time of it than doing anything else. We sure love them and appreciate all they do for our little family!







Gracie put on Sean's jacket, hat, and sunglasses and was pretending to be Sean- she sure is a hoot lately!



On Saturday, after my sweet cousins and aunt took the gals to Baby Animal Days and I didn't have to go- (THANK YOU!) and we got some work done in the yard, we headed to Sean's parents to do Easter there. Sean's mom had cut out bunnies out of wood and let the kids paint them and then they had their 3rd egg hunt and we had a yummy dinner. We sure are blessed to have such wonderful families.






On Sunday, my aunt Paula invited us down for lunch. We showed up just in time for the egg hunt she had set up for her adult children- thanks for letting the gals have their 4th egg hunt! We had a yummy dinner with them and love them so much!




The crew after the egg hunt- Ella was so taken with Marlee's boyfriend that she wouldn't look at the camera!



All of the egg hunts sure were fun, but we also tried really hard to talk about over and over again why we really celebrate Easter. If you haven't been to LDS.org and watched the videos the church has put out, you really need to. As I watched some of them last night, on Easter, my testimony of the Atonement and Resurrection sure was strengthened. I couldn't help but think of how blessed we really are that our Savior volunteered to suffer the way he did and ultimately die for each and every one of us so that we could live again. The words, "He is not here, for He has risen" sure have important meaning to me and I am very grateful that He has risen. And so grateful for this week were I take time to really think about and ponder those events that led to His death and resurrection.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I absolutely LOVE easter time. I love everything about it. It is a time for rejoicing and fun with family. Can't wait to see you next week :)