Thursday, November 10, 2011

Deer Camp

 Me and the gals made our yearly trip to Deer Camp and grandma joined us!! This was big- in my 31 years of life my mom has never come to Deer Camp. She did before we were born, but after, my dad would take us and I think she would enjoy some alone time! ;) (Sean was going to come, but our best friend Nicks' mom passed away and he wanted to go and spend some time with him.) The gals were so excited to get up there and go on a horse ride- they have been asking for months to go on a horse ride. Ella even had her first horse ride and I rode as well. It was a blast! My aunt Paula came up too with Marlee and Marjika- Kami and Kyle also. And my cousin Camille and her boys Taylor and Colton were also there. Nat, Derk, and their kiddos were there. And then the regulars were there too- my dad, Brian, Bruce, and Ric. The food didn't disappoint either and we had a blast! There were however 2 big things missing- my brother Brett and his wife Chels- we miss you guys!! Until next year...


The horses were ready to go when we got there and Pops and Ric were ready to take them


Brooklyn had a blast and was excited to get to ride by herself!


Gracie had so much fun too and they did not want to get off the horses!



Ella's first horse ride


Pops and his gals


This picture is funny in a couple different ways- my mom went to take a picture of Camille and Ella and her hat was over her face and it just turned out that in the background I am trying to get on the horse with Ric's assistance!
It is true- Suzie is at Deer Camp!




 Brian took chopping wood very seriously!


  And the night wouldn't be complete without Smores over the fire!

5 comments:

Carley said...

Very fun! That picture of Ella and Camille with you in the background busted me up!!!

Katie Griffiths said...

Suzie looks right at home at Deer Camp. I guess it will have to become tradition. Love the getting on the horse shot.

Brett and Chelsea said...

HAHA! I love that picture with Ric helping you on the horse. Nothing like a little boost from 'behind' to really get ya going. We missed Deer Camp so much this year! I think the next couple of years are going to be hard - and Sue just better plan on making a trip up with us when we get home! Can't believe we missed that.

Rachel said...

I always remember that you would go up for deer camp and it was a big deal. I didn't really get it.......until I married a hunter :)

Chantel said...

How fun! Your family always does such fun things together. I love the "bum" shot. Ah, love having those around for everyone to see!